Chapter 7: Unexpected Much

Raiyn

I went over to Courtney's after school. I have one hour until my mom gets home so I have to make this fast. I walked up to her driveway. Her car was parked there. Her parent's car wasn't there. I knocked on her door & she answered. Her eyes were red & puffy. 

Raiyn- What's wrong? Were you crying?

Courtney- Come in.

I went in & we walked into her room. She pointed at something on her bed. I walked up to it. A pregnancy test? It was positive. My heart sank.

Courtney- It's why I've been missing school. I was getting sick & now I know why...

Raiyn- Does Hodgy know?

I turned to her & she started crying.

Courtney- No. How am I supposed to tell him?

Raiyn- Just tell him. He made this happen too you know. He has the right to know. Is he the father?

Courtney- Yeah. He's the only one I've been with Raiyn!

Raiyn- I'm just making sure. Well, that's good. Do your parents know?

Courtney- You & I are the only ones. 

Raiyn- Well I'm here for you.

Courtney- Did I miss anything?

Raiyn- No. How did this happen? I thought you & Hodgy were protecting yourselves.

Courtney- We were. It broke. 

Raiyn- Damn.

Courtney- Why did you stop by? You usually don't.

Raiyn- No reason. Best friend intuition (smiles)

Courtney- I'm glad you came by.

Raiyn- I hate to cut this short but you know I'm still on punishment. I have to go.

Courtney- I know.

Raiyn- Tell Hodgy tonight, please.

Courtney- I will.

Raiyn- Let me know how it goes.

Courtney- I will.

She walked me to the door & we said our goodbyes & I made it home before my mom did. I guess I'll have to tell Courtney how I feel later. 

Tyler

Life for me is great. Earl & I are putting the finishing touches on his album. Mines is about to drop. We got a mixtape out. Shit's great. We are slowly yet surely rising to fame. Not many people know who Odd Future is. But they will. I went to Earl's so we can finish it & have it sent out to be mixed & mastered. I skated over there & knocked on his door. His mother answered.

EM- What do you want?

Tyler- Is Earl here?

EM- Why?

Tyler- I just want to hang with him. That's all.

EM- No. He's staying inside today.

She slammed the door on my face. I walked to the driveway.

?- Yo Ty!

I turned around & saw Earl sticking his head out his window.

Earl- We'll hang out some other time man. Sorry.

Tyler- It's cool.

I saw his mom push him away from the window. She shut it & locked it looking at me all evil. I don't know why that lady hates me. All I'm trying to do is help him support his family. Whatever though. I guess I'll continue to work on my album & songs he's not going to be featured on for Radical