Chapter 12 A Sudden Turn of Events

A\N Nothing beats writing a fanfic in the heat of the summer. California to be more exact. But turn on the fan, put on some music and I'm ready to go. Besides I know ya'll want some chapters written and uploaded. So here it is.

After heading back to the hotel for a bath time party, literally, you were just about ready to pass out. It felt like you were running a Pokemon grooming center after cleaning everyone. But the whole day made it worth it. The bathroom was a bit of a mess as a result. Right now you just wanted a few minutes of rest. "Anyone else starving?" Hau asked. Yes. Yes you were. Thankfully, your need for food overcame your thoughts of laziness. After getting decently ready, the four of you went to go eat at the hotel buffet and came right back to worship your beds. Oh what a fantastic day.

The next day, you all went by boat sailing to Ula Ula Island. Hau wanted to go Mantine surfing again, but after a day at the beach, you were kinda all beached out. But you were defiantly up for it next time. You weren't going to be scared next time. Arriving at Malie City, there seemed to be a big crowd gathering at the garden. "Let's go check it out" you said interested. Hopefully it was nothing bad. You followed the crowd and ended up stopping at a podium where a nicely dressed man was waiting for the crowd to settle. Everything was so brightly decorated. "Looks like something big is going to happen", Gladion observed. Wonder what it is. "Looks like its starting" Lillie said, noticing the man turning on his microphone. The man quieted everyone down, "Thank you everyone for coming. As you've been hearing for a while I'm sure, Malie City has been making plans for its 10th annual Pokemon tournament. All trainers and their Pokemon are welcomed to sign up" the man announced. A tournament? Cool, you'd so be in. But wouldn't be cheating if you entered? "Of course we'll have plenty of other events for you and your Pokemon to participate in. Athletic, contests, talent shows. We plan to make this year big" the man went on. You thought about it. What would you and your Pokemon fit in doing, besides battling? Maybe Sylveon would like to be in a cute contest. Everything sounded fun and exciting. You wouldn't mind coming to have some fun. "Everything should be ready and planned by next week, so be sure to be here" the man finished. Next week, you can do that. All you had to do was go see Nanu and then Hapu to ask them their opinions and then you'd be set. Surely you could get that done before next week. Maybe. Hey. Maybe if you run into the Ultra Recon Squad you could invite them. They are here to learn more about Pokemon and people together. It would be perfect for them. Besides it would be interesting to hear more about what they'd have to say.

After the announcement a lot of the crowd stayed at the garden to enjoy the view. "We can come back later if you want. It's a bit crowed right now though" Gladion read your mind. You wouldn't mind staying some more. But it would be better to stop by and relax before leaving the island. "Ok if you insist Gladion" you told him. The four of you were about to leave until you were stopped by the man who made the announcement. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you are the champion aren't you miss?" he asked very politely. It felt a bit awkward to be spotted from within a crowd, but what could you do. "Yes I am" you answered. The older gentleman smiled, "I was wondering if you and your friends wanted to come and participate in the tournament" he said. You knew instantly Hau and Gladion would join just to see who could get to the top first. That would be interesting to watch. "I would like to, but as champion wouldn't that be cheating a little?" you asked the man. He thought for a second, "Maybe you're right. How about battling the winner than?" he offered. You didn't see no harm in that. If it ended up being Hau or Gladion than that would be quite challenging. "Sounds great" you smiled. The man was pleased to hear. "Very good. Then I shall see you and your friends next week" the man gave you a slight bow and left. Looks like you were going to the tournament one way or the other. As you finally left the garden you heard the older man announce that the winner would be battling you. Now with that out in the open, you were sure some tough opponent were going to participate now.