Chapter 31: To Save Alola is your Destiny

" Necrozma....cannot get away with this" Lunala struggled. Well at the moment, it did. At that moment, more people seem to arrive. You couldn't tell due to the thick darkness in front of you. "Oh no looks like we're too late. Necrozma took Alola's light. It was so warm too" said a familiar voice. You stood up to approach the newcomers. Upon closer inspections it was Zossie and Dulse. "Ah Champion. I take it you couldn't stop Necrozma's wrath?" said Dulse. You were ashamed to say anything. "It's not your fault. Necrozma is a strong creature" Zossie said to cheer you up. By that time, Lusamine had woken up and was listening to the whole conversation. She was alright. "If you two know so much about Necrozma then you need to help stop it" said Lusamine. "You ask for help now!? What have you done but only made things worse" growled Dulse. "Dulse! This isn't something to joke about" Zossie scolded him. "Zossie is correct. At this point, we need to work together" agreed a voice. From the stairs, approached two more people. Phyco and Soliera. the voice had came from Phyco. "Captian but these people had made Necrozma angrier than before" Dulse objected. Phyco had shaken his head, "No one caused anything. Necrozma is acting on it's own. It had this plan all along. We need to help one another before this world it lost to darkness just like ours" he said. 

"How will we chase after Necrozma when its already gone?" you asked. "Fear not champion. We have a way. By going through the wormholes, you will surely encounter Necrozma again" said Soliera. How would you do that exactly. "Although. I do not think Lunala is in good shape to travel at this moment" said Phyco examining the legendary. "That battle must have be hard for the two of them" said Zossie feeling bad. "I...want to help. Anyway I can" spoke Lunala. "How about we take Lunala back to the Aether Foundation for treatment? We have no time to loose" suggested Lusamine. "She's right and you want to save Solgaleo right Lunala?" you said. The legendary nodded, "I'll take any treatment to get back to full strength. I must save my partner" she said. "The perhaps we can put our heads together. I'll fill you in on everything we know about Necrozma" said the Phyco going along with the current plan.

After some calls and arrangements, we all gathered at the Aether Paradise. Lusamine worked on restoring Lunala's strength and watched over the treatment. Watching through a nearby window, the ultra recon squad, along with you and Gladion, met up for a discussion. Phyco had told you all about what happened with Necrozma prior. "You see, it may be possible it may be trying to heal itself. From what? We don't know. It was quite recently that Necrozma started to act hostile. Before then, it was fairly peaceful and docile. Back in our world, we called it 'the blinding one' because it gave off so much light, it was almost impossible to look at directly. But when the light had faded, Necrozma changed. It nearly destroyed our world, hungry for light" explained Phyco. What was Necrozma trying to do, besides look for light? Did loosing the light affect it in more ways than what we could see? "You know captain, I have a theory" said Dulse. Phyco acknowledge Dulse's response. "Perhaps Necrozma came here because it was drawn to those...crystals these people use" he said. Crystals? "You mean the Z crystals?" asked Gladion. "Precisely. I've see use of them and they do contain a powerful light and exert a huge amount of energy. Just those crystals along might have peeked Necrozma's interest" Dulse's explained. Now that you think about it, no one really knew where these Z crystals came from. They seem to have no origin and they did give off tremendous light and power. Did they really come from another world as Dulse is implying? " Very keen observation Dulse. I must say that means you, dear champion, might be the only one to quell Necrozma's anger" said Phyco. What!? You!? You saw what that thing did first hand to Solgaleo and Lunala! It's powerful. Maybe too powerful. "Of course we are not forcing you by any means. It is a big task to handle" he continued. Even if you said 'yes', how would you defeat Necrozma? You would need more then your team and Lunala's power? You'd have to gain the advantage somehow. That only being the mentioning of your Z crystals. "Think about it. We have some time before Lunala recovers" Phyco finished the conversation.

At this point, it was like everyone wanted you to go. You weren't the most experience Pokemon trainer. But you were the champion. "You're scared" Gladion obviously pointed out. That wasn't even the word for how you felt. "Necrozma is powerful. Lunala and Solgaleo couldn't even stand up to it" you replied. "They didn't give up, did they?" he pointed out. Oh damn you Gladion. "No"  >\\\< you sighed. "I'm going with you either way. You can't afford to be alone against such a strong foe" he told you. You had your doubts. Two is better than one, but is it better than Necrozma? You buried your head into his shoulder, in a hug. This was one hell of a responsibility. " I know you can do this. You have me and our Pokemon besides you. I know the odds are against us right now. But you know there has to be a way. Somehow. I don't exactly feel good about you going either. But if they say your the best chance we got. Then you are. You have to take their word for it" Gladion comforted you. His hands rubbed your back gently. "You didn't make is as champion without tough trials. I know this is way worse than the UBs. But you saved my mother, did you not? Are you going to give up when you come so far as champion?" he kept talking. Why was he so freakin good at doing this? You didn't want to listen for once. You wanted to go hide under a Crustle and never come out. Why was this your responsibility? You didn't ask for it. Yet. Something inside you told you to strive to being champion and you did it. Your dream came true. If destiny was a real thing, then it certainly isn't gonna be wrong. This whole time you were wondering what it took to be a champion? Kahuna Hala and Olivia did give you answers. To help people and Pokemon. To protect them when they needed protection. This was wasn't just people and Pokemon that were in trouble, but the whole island itself.

"Alright. Looks like I have to Bulk Up and do this" you faced the facts. If it was Destiny Bond, so be it.