Chapter 20: Malie City Festival Pt 2 Gladion and Hau's first Battle

A\N I hope you all had lovely merry Christmas this year!

Time passed. It was now well into the afternoon. You enjoyed playing games and going on some rides, until it was Gladion's or Hau's turn to battle. By the time that had come up, you all made it to watch the battle before. At first it would be Hau's battle followed by Gladion's. Once the match before was over, a voice over the intercom called the next two numbers. "That's me you guys. Wish me and Vaporeon luck" Hau said. Wow. You thought he was going to use Raichu. Those two were as tight as two malasadas in a box. You invited some of your Pokemon out to watch the battle. Bulbasaur and Sylveon were the smallest on your team. Hau went up on stage to greet his opponent. It was another boy. The two shook hands and went to the opposite ends of the arena. The boy choose his Pokemon first. A tough looking Toucannon. "What a cool Pokemon to battle against. Come on out Vaporeon" Hau called out his Pokemon. Vaporeon stood on its end of the field, ready to go. The two judged list the rules and gave the ok for the battle to begin. "Toucannon let's start off with Bullet Seed!" the opponent ordered. Toucannon opened up its beak and released a barrage of seeds at Vaporeon. "Vaporeon dodge it with Quick Attack!" Hau thought fast. Using it's speed, Vaporeon evaded all the bullets and got in a direct hit on Toucannon. The giant bird took the hit but wasn't badly damaged. It flew back to its position and snapped it's beak at its opponent. "Good strategy but I won't let it happen again. Toucannon use FeatherDance" said the other trainer. Toucannon used its wings to gather a bunch of light weight feathers. "Vaporeon, don't let the feathers touch you. Use Water Pulse to confuse Toucannon!" Hau told his Pokemon. Vaporeon send a Water Pulse at Toucannon, cutting off its FeatherDance. "Hurry. Fly through the Water Pulse and attack with Drill Peck!" Toucannon took flight and used it corkscrewing Drill Peck to negate the incoming Water Pulse. It hit Vaporeon head on. Hau wasn't ready to give up. "Get back up Vaporeon. Use Quick Attack while it's close!" Hau commanded. Vaporeon quickly recovered and bounced back with a Quick Attack. "Wrong move" said the boy " Toucannon time your attack and attack with Beak Blast!". Toucannon heated up its beak so that it glowed read and as hot as fire. As Vaporeon made it's assault, Toucannon gained some momentum and swung its heated beak at Vaporeon. The collision caused an explosion as the beak released its heated energy. Vaporeon crashed into the ground. The attack had burned Vaporeon. "Can you fight on Vaporeon?" Hau asked his Pokemon. The burn looked pretty bad, but the Vaporeon seemed to pull through the burn. Vaporeon was badly damaged but wasn't ready to go down. It gave Hau a battle ready cry. Hau nodded, "Let's keep going then" he told his Pokemon. The other trainer ordered another Bullet Seed attack. Hau had a smirk on his face. He activated his Z bracelet. "We're going to wash you away. Vaporeon! Z move! Hydro Vortex!" Hau cried and he performed the correct gestures, causing the z power to flow through him and Vaporeon. Vaporeon was filled with Z power. A huge wave had swamped the arena. "Go!" Hau told Vaporeon. Vaporeon, covered in a blue aura, rode the wave and lunged at Toucannon. A sudden vicious whirlpool was unleased, it took Toucannon in for a dizzy ride and spat it back out. The whirlpool faded and so did all the water. Touconnon was unable to battle. "And the battle goes to number 32!" one of the judges decided. You and everyone else cheered for Hau.

Now a 10 minute break before Gladion's battle. Hau came back to sit down. His clothes soaked from Vaporeon's Z move. Lillie made it her priority to treat Vaporeon's injuries. "You did great Hau" you complemented "I was on the edge of my seat the whole time". Hau wore a big cheesy smile, "It was a great battle. I know I can count on Vaporeon" he replied. Vaporeon also has a smile on its face. Lillie pet the Pokemon as she healed its burn, "You did amazing Vaporeon" she praised it. Vaporeon enjoyed Lillie's attention. Lillie stood up, "Hau you shouldn't stay in those wet clothes" she told him. You immediately shushed Gladion, knowing he wanted to say something. "It's alright Lillie, its kinda warm today" Hau didn't mind. Lillie wasn't going to have it. "The suns going to set soon and it will get cold" she told him. You, Gladion, Jess and Lusamine waited for Hau's response. Hau looked to be a little stuck. He really didn't want to say no to Lillie and knew she had a point. Lillie saw this. She reconsidered, "At least wear a jacket then" she said. Hau nodded, "Ok" he agreed. When Lillie insisted, there was almost no way to say no to her.