Chapter 21 Mega Evolution

A\N I honestly can't wait to explore how to bring in Mega Lucario and how it will preform in battle. It's going to be epic when I do . Next chapter we enter day two of the festival, starting with your contest performance. 

As you were fixated on the stone, Lillie, Lusamine and Jess had returned with the food. Lusamine immediately took an interest, "Gladion where did you get that stone?" she asked surprised. "It was in a package some guy gave me along with this bracelet" he told her. Lusamine motioned for Gladion to give it to her, so he did. She looked at it. "I believe this is a mega stone. I never actually seen anyone use one here in Alola. Except for your.....father" she started but then trailed off a bit. She became quiet then snapped herself out of it. She gave Gladion the bracelet back, "What exactly does a mega stone do?" you asked. Lusamine sat down with the group. "It's a stone that allows very few Pokemon to mega evolve during battle. Think of it as a temporary transformation. When mega evolved, the Pokemon gain tremendous power, but this can only be achieved if the trainer and Pokemon have a strong bond" she explained. Suddenly the gem had a new meaning. But which Pokemon was it for? "I don't know any more about it than that. But I believe there are some file back at the Aether Paradise you can look up" Lusamine suggested. Gladion nodded, "I'll defiantly look into it" he said intrigued. You saw a certain sparkle in his eyes, he was determined to find out what exactly 'mega evolution' is. You were right on the same boat as him. You wondered if Z Moves were any similar. Lusamine said mega evolution held 'tremendous power' so maybe it's like a Z Move but the power allows the Pokemon to evolve. Also both require a strong bond between trainer and Pokemon. You couldn't wait to find out more.

After dinner, you decided to go back home early. By home you meant the Aether Foundation. It was almost like a second home to you at this point. You all said goodbye to little Jess and went on your way. Once back at the foundation, you decided to take a shower. Just think, the rest of the weekend was going to be just as long and tiring as today. Your mind became clouded with other thoughts during your shower. You couldn't stay in here all night, you'd probably turn into a Magikarp. You got out, dried off and put on your pajamas. You almost tripped onto Gladion, who was right outside the bathroom door. "You need something?" you asked. He obviously didn't mean to block your way, that wheelchair did kinda get in the way. "Do you want to still go to the labs and do some research on mega evolution?" he said. Right. You almost forgot about that. You nodded, "Of course. We have to see if you can use it on one of your Pokemon. That would be awesome" you told him. The two of you went to the elevator and took it down to the laboratories.

Looking through the files and on the database, you and Gladion pulled out anything you could find on mega evolution. You read all you could to get a better understanding. There were about 46 Pokemon that could Mega evolve. The reasons why were really unknown. "One of my Pokemon must be on this list. Why else would I have gotten that mega stone" Gladion said skimming the list. You weren't expecting a lot of Pokemon to go mega. Its even been recorded that legendries like Mewtwo and Rayquaza could do it. Amazing. The list quickly passed by. There was only one Pokemon that Gladion had that was also on the list. Lucario. Now we know who the stone is for, but how exactly would Gladion activate it? "The power of a mega evolved Pokemon is so great that it can cause even the most disciplined Pokemon to go berserk from power" Gladion read out loud. Then how can this even be controlled? " It is recommended that the trainer and Pokemon have a considerable strong bond to help the Pokemon control the power increase efficiently. Different Pokemon have different reactions. Some will have no problem adjusting while others take days of training" he read on. You listened as Gladion read while you looked through some other files. Gladion stopped for a second. "I want to try it. But I know nothing about Lucario's mega form" he said. That's true. For all we know that thing could be highly destructive. "Although the information isn't detailed, there has to be some stuff on mega Lucario right? Especially from another region where megas are more common" you suggested. You and Gladion searched some more. Luckily for you, there were actual studies on the various mega forms of Pokemon. "Look at this Gladion. Somebody actually studied the mega forms of all the Pokemon. Listen to this about Mega Ampharos" you read to him "Excess energy from Mega Evolution stimulates its genes, and the wool it had lost grows in again". You showed him the hand drawn pictures of the Pokemon. It was unique to see that mega evolution could do that. You knew that Ampharos' pre evolutions had wool, but why not Ampharos itself? "It also says that Mega Ampharos has the added dragon typing. Mega evolution sure is cool and mysterious don't you think?" you asked him. Gladion nodded, "I'm sure there are a lot of unanswered questions. Ampharos is a good example" he said. You flipped through more of the pages and pulled out mega Lucario. "Here is Lucario's file" you told Gladion, "Its aura has expanded due to Mega Evolution. Governed only by its combative instincts, it strikes enemies without mercy" you read. It sounded cool but 'without mercy' wasn't exactly what you were expecting. " Lucario's probably going to need some training if that description proves accurate. I don't want it lashing out" Gladion said. Smart decision. Hopefully mega Lucario wasn't as terrifying as it sound. You gave the file to Gladion. You knew he'd want to study it with Lucario. "Maybe with all that power Luccario can use it's aura to its advantage. I'll have to have a talk with it. I'm sure it would want to see what this mega evolution can do" Gladion concluded.

There was still some time before you would be going to bed. Maybe you and Sylveon could go over your routine one more time. You called out your Pokemon and went out to the conservation area. It was a bit silly practicing in your pajamas, even if you knew that you would be wearing something else. Besides not like anyone would see you. "You know you look pretty ridiculous right now" Gladion commented. Sigh. Nobody but him. Like usual. "It's just practice. I can be as ridiculous as I want" you told him. Sylveon skipped its way over to Gladion and jumped on his lap for some affection. Gladion pet the pink Pokemon, "Why aren't you practicing in your outfit? I haven't seen you wear it at all" he asked. Nope. He wasn't getting any sneak peaks. Although, maybe that would've been a good idea. Maybe you could wake up a bit earlier to try it out. "Don't worry about that. Beside I know you just to see me in it" you accused him. He shook his head, "No" he answered. Liar. You clearly remembered him saying your outfit was cute. He'll just have to wait. "Mhm sure. Either way you're gonna have to wait until morning. It's about time for bed anyways" you said. You turned his wheelchair around and took him back to the elevator.