#32: Cinematic Masterpiece.

Present

Isabella

When our school said we get to spend a week in the resort where we'd have our graduation and prom, I expected it to be more of a formal staycation where we'd have to find ways to entertain ourselves. But even to think of this place as something average was truly an insult. I was unaware of the fact that this was a typical beach resort. Like a resort on the shore of the ocean. I fell in love with it from the moment I entered it. 

It looks like a fresh property. The beach is obviously the first thing I adore about it. I don't fail to notice the beach volleyball nets adjacent to the cafe that separates the particular area from the main resort only by a fence. The main resort is a five-story building. The ground floor has the reception, the restaurant with a bar bistro attached to one of its corners, and a banquet hall. The top. A clubhouse connects the main resort to the beach. I'm guessing that's where they plan on organizing prom. May was already enforcing and commanding her student council team when Austin and I got to the resort. Apparently, we were the last ones to get in so we missed the tour. But I guess it's pretty self-explanatory. 

It took us the whole of yesterday to figure the resort out. Liam drew a map, trying to set the ground for the ideas of his prank, literally. The whole of the senior year had camped in the hotel. The second and the third floor were allotted to girls while the fourth and the fifth were given to the boys. We were instructed to bunk two in a room. It was pretty for May and me, but it got complicated for the boys. After a lot of discussions, Jason volunteered to bunk with Jacob. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say it. To which, he said, and I quote, "One of us has to stop being a baby at some point," eyeing both Liam and Austin. And at that moment, we knew Jason Cody had evolved. 

This was the first time Austin and I were out together in public as an official couple, amidst an official crowd. I spent the whole of yesterday trying to keep track of the number of people he greets. It's like the whole world belongs to him and we're all merely pawns. He knows every single person who passes through. Girls and boys. I couldn't help but get a little jealous every time a girl approached him or tried to flirt with him even though he chivalrously kept dodging it and telling them he wasn't single or available anymore.

To get my mind off Austin Cooper's fame, I had a decent conversation with Coach Matthew and we decided to throw the victory party on the beach, with a campfire and beer. 

But as I planned the party, Liam Davis had cracked the entire prank out. We thought the distraction and positioning of the crowd on the beach was perfect timing to lure Jacob into the banquet hall. He repositioned his detailed map on the floor of his room and we all listened to him. When he was done, I knew it was going to be epic. 

"Hey," I said walking up to Jacob beside the campfire. 

Jacob smiled in confusion but he instantly cleared his head and muttered a plain, "Hey," to me. 

"How are you liking the resort so far?" I asked as I pulled a beer bottle, unopened, in front of me. 

We were sitting on a ledge in front of the fire. There was music and dancing and alcohol on the shore of the beach tonight. It seemed like a pretty decent senior year crowd with a scenic setting for an after-party of the victory over the Hawks. I kept my eyes on Jacob, making sure he didn't look away from me. 

But I knew very well that he's being curious and cautious at the same time. "So far so good. What about you? I heard you stepped in a little late yesterday with someone?" 

The dark evening sky and being so close to the fire were making Jacob's eyes look like they were burning. I laughed, uncomfortably. "Yeah, well. People conveniently leave out parts about patching up with someone these days too."