#11: The Recycle Bin.

Everything you can imagine is real.
-Pablo Picasso

. . . 

Present.

Isabella.

"--call me if you need anything, update me even if I don't respond, do not stay alone and do not over-work your arm, it's just healing and for the love of God, Bella, stay alive." 

I laugh loudly and my dad follows me. He looks behind me and waves at Kate and then at Austin. He nods in my direction and I nod back. 

"Text me once you land. Be careful. Safe journey." I tell him and he smiles. He nudges the driver and the car moves through the front gate. 

Today was a sunny day. Sunny and warm, overwhelmingly so. Everything was brighter under the late-morning sun rays, especially the lush shades of green grass lining the Cooper Residence. Nature infused life into this part of Frankfurt and created a postcard-worthy scene. 

I turn around and Kate wraps her hands around my waist. We begin to walk inside the manor and Austin follows behind. 

For the last five days, all I've been doing is impatiently waiting for my hand to heal. Turns out the purple on my knuckles was not a permanent souvenir of that day. My neck; let's just say it was healed that very night. My arm however is taking its sweet time. The pain is insignificant but Austin refused to remove the dressing until today morning. The marks of the cut run through my arm but that's all it is, just marks. 

I'm starting coaching tomorrow. I have five days to get back to form. I hate how my body feels so stiff and rigid. I need to train harder so I don't fail the team and my scholarship. 

Grace called me every day and she wouldn't stop talking. I suddenly felt like my sister transformed into a more concerned mom. She wouldn't even let my mother talk to me. It took three hours for me to console her and stop her from crying. I had to tell her about what happened between Austin and me to distract her. Austin really diverts the attention. He himself and talking about him, both work like magic. She's dying to get back home. Mia had to drag the phone away from Grace so she'd stop and give it a break. 

We haven't spoken about that night. Everything is as normal as ever between Austin Cooper and me, and I don't know if I'm grateful or annoyed. Partially both. None. I don't know. I'm thankful that nothing is awkward but I'm unappreciative of the fact that it's as if nothing happened. 

The morning after seemed to wipe out this memory from his head along with the darkness. When I woke up, his side of the bed was empty. It was neatly made, just like how May makes her bed. It's as if they're two genders of the same soul. But Austin didn't open the curtains of the balcony. I think it's because he understands how I'm not a morning person but my gut tells me he was hiding the pink slime on my balcony. 

And yes, his fun fact about slimes was the opposite of fun because it took them another entire day to clean it up. I felt bad that I couldn't help but I also didn't miss the front row seats to the free entertainment. I watched them the entire time eating Doritoes. 

Kate examined my arm. "Doesn't look bad. It's almost dried." 

I glance at it too. The rest of my arm looks slightly tanned and I don't like the color difference. But the wound doesn't look bad now. She was right, it's almost fading. "I'm just happy at the fact that my hand still works."