Chapter 35

Today is our last day we leave this afternoon so I packed all my stuff up after I showered. I put on skinny jeans, a t- shirt, and vans. We all hung out around the hotel for awhile. Matt and I talked a little and he asked me if it would be alright if he texted me some and I said sure. It was finally time to leave for the airport. The wait wasn't very long and soon we were headed home. Me and Grace sat together with the Jacks right behind us. I fell asleep and Jack had to wake both me and Grace. We met our parents at the gate and we all hugged and caught up before heading home. I put all my stuff away as my mom fixed dinner. Once I had eaten I went upstairs put on some pajamas and fell onto my bed and I was out in no time.

*Next Day*

My dad wakes me up and tells me breakfast is ready. I put my hair in a messy bun and head downstairs. While we are eating I ask my parents if it would be okay for me to go visit Taylor for a week. They think about it for awhile then say yes I text taylor and tell him. As we are making arrangements I get a text from Matt asking if I want to hang out.

(M-Mikayla Ma-Matt)

Ma- Hey you wanna hang out?

M- Sure I just have a few things I have to do

Ma- Okay well meet me in the park in half an hour

M- Kk

(End of Convo)

I finish booking my ticket to Indiana and going over everything with Taylor before showering and putting on some shorts, a cheer shirt, and vans. I throw my hair into a ponytail before setting out for the park. When I arrive I find Matt on the swings.

"Hey"

"Hey I thought you didn't like swinging?"

"Well I do it just a lil childish"

"Since when are you not childish?"

"Good point So whatcha been up 2?"

"Nothing much just making a few more plans for the rest of summer"

"Cool like what?"

"Well I'm going to Indiana for a week"

"To see Taylor?"

"Yeah and then I plan on spending the rest of the summer hanging with friends in my home town"

"Yeah we do a lot of traveling"

"It gets tiring"

"It does"

"So how's life been without Erin?"

"Awesome I can do whatever I want and I love it"

"Well that's good when we decided to tell you I was afraid you were gonna believe her instead of us"

"Course not she's crazy"

"That she is"

"Well this is kinda awkward"

"Why is that?"

"Don't pretend it's not because it is and because here I sit with my ex talking about the crazy girl I cheated on her with"

"Well when you put it like that it is awkward"

"How does Taylor feel about us talking again?"

"He's not that happy but he trusts me and he still doesn't wanna speak to you"

"I understand just tell him he's very lucky"

"Why is he so lucky?"

"Because he's dating an awesome girl"

"Yeah an awesome girl that you could've kept if you weren't such a dumbass"

"I know it was an amazing 10 months"

"But it's over now anyways I gotta go"

"Bye"

"Bye"

I walk back home and call Hannah she comes over to hang out. We sit in my room talking about everything.

"Do you think Matt still likes you?"

"I don't know why?"

"He acts like it to me but maybe thats just me"

"I can see where your coming from but I don't think so"

"Whatever loser so you excited to go visit taylor?"

"Yes I can't wait I'm gonna have so much fun"

"Don't do anything stupid"

"I'm not"

"I'm not talking about that I'm talking like don't break any bones and don't go to the hospital or get arrested"

"What exactly do you think were gonna do?"

"God only knows with taylor"

We continue talking after eating dinner and Hannah ends up spending the night.