Chapter 3

The whole day went off swiftly.

Chanyeol and Yerin were on their way home.

“Hey. Cheer up. You’ve been looking like a rotten rug the whole day. Are you sick somewhere? You sure don’t look like my pretty sister” Chanyeol asked Yerin frowning. He placed his hand on top of her forehead but she just removed it with an annoyed look on her face.

She wasn’t herself the whole day. She couldn’t get her mind on their lessons. She didn’t even have the mood to practice their routine that afternoon and the game is already coming close and so Chanyeol also skipped band practice to accompany Yerin home.

“I’m okay oppa. There is just a lot that had happened today. Then there is that basketball game on Friday. And the foundation is going to happen soon.” She answered him.. “By the way, why did you know I didn’t like joining the auction? I don’t remember saying anything to you before.” she asked looking at him attentively. She really was quite surprised at her brother’s remark earlier, she thought he himself did not want to join it. It wasn’t his style anyways.

“It’s not that hard to tell. You frowned when you heard your name. And we share the same blood you know. I can feel it. Also you’ve told me before that you never liked that activity what more being a part of it.” He just answered grinning. Today Yerin has proven how attentive her brother is even for the smallest things she says that even she herself cannot recall..

Yerin returned a smile. “I know you are rich in teeth. No need to show them off.” She scoffed and both started laughing.

“That’s it. There’s my pretty sister” he pointed out, and both laughed once again.

-----

The Park mansion has a wide front porch enough for garden landscapes and a fountain at the center. It’s a 2 story manor with a taste of modern architecture. A medium-sized pool is located at the back. It’s gray, black and white paint combination syncing excellently to the huge glass windows has lead the house to the feature page of one of the issues of a Home magazine.

In it lives the Park family consisting of Chanyeol, Yerin and their father Park Eun Ok, a businessman and their 20+ employees from the housemaids, gardeners to the drivers. Their mother had died when Yerin was still a young girl. She grew up taken care by a nanny. Their father often travels around the world taking care of their businesses local and international but the few times when he gets home, most of the time they spent their quality time as a family.

Chanyeol and Yerin stepped out of the car just in front of their house laughing at a joke Chanyeol had said as he had his arms around Yerin’s shoulder.

“Chanyeol, Yerin.” They heard the call from their nanny who was standing by the front door. “Your father has arrived home” she said smiling.

The already happy aura the two were sharing has just progressed to ecstatic as they heard the news especially Yerin.

“Oppa. Let’s just keep that incident by ourselves” Yerin said to her brother. Chanyeol didn’t really like that they will be hiding a big incident to their father and he knows Yerin doesn’t like it too but he understood his sister somehow. Knowing their father, he would probably get the two of them bodyguards. He doesn’t want that. It’s pathetic.  Their father’s protectiveness is in a whole higher level than his. They’re his treasures.

He nodded to his sister.

Satisfied, Yerin immediately sprinted inside the house going to her father’s study room. She was a daddy’s girl, and she was her father’s favorite too. Chanyeol didn’t mind because he also wanted his sister get all the love in the world.