Chapter 17

"So that settles it." The choreographer said. "Right now. Remember it Sehun. You lose."

The words of the choreographer during dance practice have been on repeat at Sehun's head over and over again when it's not supposed to.

That dance number is plainly a performance, a release of frustration, a business that shouldn't be mixed with distinct feelings. Those were just words, they can be forgotten, they can mean nothing. But word can also mean everything, when mixed with action.

The moment he felt Yerin wriggle her arms a little from his hold, he already felt his world crash in front of his very own eyes.

It wasn't about the dance anymore. It was about them. It was about the person she can't lose in her life. She had a choice. She had to make a choice between someone she just knew and him.

Sehun thought that even if it's just a dance number, Yerin will choose him. He thought that despite the fact that Taehyung has been there for her, she would still see him as someone more important in her life. That she won't want to lose him.

But the fact can't be changed that she chose someone else, and that made him feel somewhat crumpled like a piece of paper of no more use. It would have been nothing if it was someone else, but it was Yerin, the most important girl in his life. It was her who indirectly said she has someone new, and that she doesn't need him anymore.

Is this what he gets for every sacrifice he has made for her?

Is this what the world has in stored for him?

Does it have to be this painful?

"Sehun. Stop this now. You are turning more and more into a girl every second. Boys don't cry ." Kyuhyun shook his shoulder.

Sehun took another gulp from the bottle of beer he was holding as he stared at the lights of Seoul from the balcony of his room.

"I'm not crying. Something flew into my eye." He denied as he wiped the trace of tear in his cheeks. "Why are you here hyung?" he asked.

"I saw the maid about to take these bottles of beer to your room. That's enough drink for the night. Are you okay? You know you can tell me everything right?"

Sehun didn't answer. Instead he gulped everything in the bottle of beer he was holding and stared back at the sky. Another tear has escaped his eye.

"I can't believe I'm telling you this but.. everything is going to be fine Sehun" Kyuhyun softly said in hopes of comforting him

"I don't think it will" he answered

"You've been through a lot already. Why are you giving up now?"

"It just came to me all together at once. I'm not that strong. It was a dreadful picture. She entered that room hand in hand with Kim Taehyung and she looked so happy. I've never made her that happy."

"You know why that is. It's because you're focused on keeping her safe. That's your priority, not her happiness, not even yours."

Sehun shook his head. "Why is it foggy tonight? I can't see her." Sehun said pointing at the sky.

"Her star you had named after her?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I can't see her anymore hyung. I can't even do anything for her anymore. She doesn't need me anymore."

"Did she tell you that?"

Sehun shrugged. "She didn't have to. She chose someone else over me. I think that's enough for me to understand that I am no longer needed in her life."