Chapter 22

Yerin was gloomy that Monday morning as how she has been in the weekend.

How can a single day bring so much drama and danger in her life? Learning that Kim Taehyung was actually blood related to Chanyeol's ex-girlfriend who kidnapped her once upon a time. And being in a building with a psychopath who just wanted to spend his night firing a gun.

But one question has been bugging her since she woke up this morning.

Will Taehyung come today?

But that question was answered quite fast when she stepped out of their car the same time Taehyung stepped out of his car.

They gave each other a glance, each conveying of different feelings. Each wanting to know how the other feels this time.

Taehyung of sadness and fear. Yerin of doubt and hope.

The glances didn't last long as Chanyeol pulled Yerin inside the school without any clue of what has happened between them.

Classes weren't in an hour. Almost everyone in the class were chatting chirpily of how their weekend had passed. That almost included Oh Sehun. It was like there was something fresh and happy in his aura that day that everyone didn't fail to notice.

Yerin remembered he said that he broke up with Lian. Is he this happy when he breaks up with someone?

Yerin sighed as he watched Chen teasing Hale about something, or someone.

"So Hae Won. How were the most famous Park cupcakes?" he said in a chuckling manner.

"Sshhh." Hale started to shut him up.

"You want a trivia? Even if it doesn't show, Park Chanyeol makes the best cupcakes in the world. And the last time he has made a bunch was when Elena noona was still around." Chen intelligently said.

"Chen!" Kyungsoo shot him a look.

Chen patted his mouth. "Stupid me. Sorry. Too much words in my mouth that I need to let out. Sorry Yerin" he told her but she just smiled at him.

Yerin knew Chanyeol gave the cupcakes to Hale. She saw her munching them last week. She was happy that her brother was somehow being this close to girls again. At least he was beginning to move on and start again.

"Shut up Chen. It's embarrassing." Hale slapped his shoulders. "Don't be so obvious of your jealousy. I might get the wrong idea."

"What?" Chen laughed. "I'm not jealous Hale. That preposterous"

"That's offending." Hale frowned. "Just shut up. It's really embarrassing."

"Why be embarrassed? Don't you know how many girls in this school would kill to have a taste of that cupcake?" Chen retaliated.

"I'm not embarrassed at them. Let them die of envy. I'm embarrassed of what Chanyeol oppa would say. I don't want him to think that I'm that kind of girl."

"He won't mind Hale." Yerin answered. "He doesn't get close to a girl if he doesn't entirely know her. And he won't think any other way."

Hale went to sit beside Yerin. "Is it ok with you if we're like this? I mean if you're not comfortable I can just distance myself from him." She said bowing her head.

"What are you talking about?" Yerin said. "Oppa's baking again. He hasn't been doing it for a long time and now he did all because of you. I like it better this way Hale. You're helping him that way."

Hale smiled at her in return.

"Hey Hale. You still have some of those cupcakes. Can I have some?" Chen said again making Hale chase her out of the room.