Chapter 1

EIDOLON

EIDOLON

ʌɪˈdəʊlɒn/ eye-doe-lawn /

Noun: eidolon; plural noun: eidola; plural noun: eidolons

1. An idealized person or thing.

2. A spectre or phantom.

"An Eidolon is a ghoul or a phantom first written about in Greek Mythology. The word literally means 'image of the ideal'. The Eidolons were ghostly women created by Zeus from light and mist." Eidolon.org

2015, March

Bailey Baxter threw her headphones into the metal bowl, along with her phone and watch.

The security woman then patted her down, and allowed Bailey to walk through the sophisticated metal detector. When no alarms were set off, she was granted access to the elevators in the building.

Avengers Towers held way more security checks than necessary, considering that they are the Avengers.

The Eidolon proceeded to phase through the elevator door, causing gasps to fill the otherwise stern atmosphere.

"Do you have to do that every time," Jarvis asked on the speakers.

"I love their reaction! Plus, if I'm not hiding from the world anymore, might as well get some entertainment out of it," she chuckled at the stark employees.

A year ago, S.H.I.E.L.D had collapsed due to the rise of Hydra agents infiltrating the agency. Romanoff helped expose Alexander Pierce's evil schemes to the world, which also resulted in all of her own morally dubious history being revealed, as well as Baxter's existence and powers. The agency had been keeping tabs on her, tracking her, watching her informally fight crime, grow, and develop in skill.

Which wasn't all so great for Bailey.

She had turned to the only man in reach about the situation, and has been working with the Tony Stark since.

Bailey, or 'Bax' has he had nicknamed her, not only searched for help and shelter, but answers as well.

Tony had explained everything up to date to her. This included: his personal Iron Man story, The Avengers Initiative, The battle of New York, Loki, Captain America's story, and one day he had even opened up a little bit about his father as well as his parents' deaths.

Now, the two Agents worked side by side in a search for an object that could only be described as energy, while Tony completed his own mission on hunting down the Avengers for help.

The first one she met was Bruce Banner, Tony's 'science buddy' she had quickly learnt. Steve Rogers followed shortly after.

Steve and Bailey had clicked immediately, they held similar interests. This usually included old fashion habits of nature, as well as how they spoke and were very behind on technology. They learnt together on how to survive in the new generation after being hidden from the world for too long.