Chapter 2.6

"You've strained yourself the past couple of days- what have you been doing?"

Bailey swung her legs back and forth, hitting the legs of her medical bed as she listened to her assigned doctors words of reprimanding.

"Not much, practising phasing every now and then. I've been in and out the gym, but that's usual for us agents," it wasn't much of a lie, but she couldn't bring herself to mention her own secret little mission to accomplish the ability to phase other objects around her.

"Whatever it is you're not telling me, I suggest you stop it. You've strained your powers way too far, causing this whole glitch. My research shows that this hasn't happened for years."

Bailey nodded along with her doctor.

"Yes, yes. Last time I freaked out like this was fifteen years ago. Granted I had just discovered my abilities, and it was my prime years of testing the lengths of extremity I could perform. My best friend and I were completely fascinated by it. I had come straight out of a sci-fi movie."

"Yes, yes. I'd be obsessed over it as well," The man smiled at her direction, and then looked down to his clipboard for a final check at the prescriptions.

Bailey smiled at his understanding, only normal people would understand her fascination over the fact that she could fly and phase. She was surrounded everyday by super humans who held their own uniqueness and strengths, but always found herself the only one to Geek-Out about it.

"That Agent has been trying to get in here for days," he reminded her.

"I've warned you guys to let her in before she kills somebody- I'm not joking about that, why are you laughing?" Of course she actually did mean it as a joke, but she had watched Natasha fume at the window just outside her hospital room.

"The other one? Is she violent as well?" He looked up with a raised eyebrow.

"Wanda been here?"

"Yeah, plenty. She filed herself as the cause for your injury actually. What can she do?"

"No, no. You're joking with me right?" Bailey sat up in her seat.

"No. Says it right here," he quickly faced the clipboard to her, where she briefly say Wanda's name written near the top in her own handwriting and a paragraph that must've explained the incident.

He then faced the board back to him to sign her off.

"This little girl..." Bailey sighed, "You can leave that here when you're done doctor, I'll be correcting that. She's just too hard on herself that's all."

"Says here that she caused the building to fall over?" He questioned, disbelieving in Bax's standing up for her friend.

"Yeah, but I flew at it right? I'm the idiot, so hand it over, Doc."