I'm Skye

Sup. The name is Skye. Skye Brooke. I was born in Southfield, Michigan.

I'm 13 years old and I am not what you imagine of a girl. I'm a tomboy and a carefree person. I like video games, tv, plus I dig hip hop and pop. In my home, I had a threesome wonderful family. Just me, dad and mom. My mom was a huge deal to me. She made me feel special like I can do anything I set my mind to. Anything like be a star. I got big dreams of being a musician. My mom taught me all that she knew. How to play piano, guitar, and write my music. I also learned from her that the industry is tough and people will lift you up and some can drag you down. Dad said the same thing about me dating. Lol. When Mom was a teen, she was in a two group with her best friend Ms. Carlotta called Mixed Harmony. Somehow they ended up in a bad way. Mom started to hook on drugs. I couldn't believe it till I saw those bottles anytime I come in her and Dad's bedroom. One time, I tried to sleep with her, I looked at her and prayed she was still breathing. But she wasn't. I was 8 years old then. I got very scared and tend to call 911. 2 minutes I waited till the ambulance and Dad showed up. I kept watching them put her on a stretcher and rode her to the hospital. Ms. Carlotta was there and she hugged me. Doctor said she passed away when they tried to pump her heart.

4 months later, for my 14th birthday I came to her grave. It made me remember all the good times I had on my birthday with her. We sang karaoke, she ate my favorite food and we would watch tv. I loved every minute of it. Ms. Carlotta was with me at the cemetery. Dad was too distraught to ever see her grave stone. I laid a bouquet of sunflowers on it and cried silently into Ms. Carlotta's arms. I had to get on with my life without her. I'd have to make it on my own without...her love and care. As I got in Ms. C's car, a new life of mine awaited.