Meet His Family

It was Wednesday. Dad left early so Demi's mom drove me and Lexi. I was in homeroom period. I was writing in my songbook. Selena cleared her throat. I looked up from the book. "What?" I said. She giggled and pointed to Justin who was signaling me to go sit next to him. I looked back at her. "No way." I said. She fake pouted. "Cmon, I know you said you'll give it time but it doesn't hurt to talk now and then." She said. Maybe she's right. I looked back to Justin. He looked like he was waiting for me. I blushed a little. I sighed. "Fine." I said. Demi and her mouthed yes to each other. I rolled my eyes as I sat next to Justin. He chuckled. "Let me guess...they wanted you to talk to me?" He guessed. I laughed and nodded. "They could be love queens." I mumbled. He chuckled. "Anyways um...do you mind after school coming over?" He asked. Is he asking what I think he asking? "You mean come over to your house?" I said. He smiled and nodded.
"To do what?" I asked. He looked at my songbook and back to me. "Maybe go over some songwriting. I could help you." He said. I smirked. "Least I'll meet your family as well." I said. He stroked a strand of my hair. "They'll love you." He said sweetly. I smiled. The door bell ringed. It was time for lunch period. "See you at 3?" He said. I closed my book and giggled. "At 3." I told him. I left with Selena and Demi in front of me. Acting period was busy. We performed an old scene from Full House which was super cool as an example of a tv show showing direct characterization. We had to write down our own story about a family. I told them I'll be coming over to Justin's house. Lexi thinks its for something else if you know what I mean. I'll love to get to know his family life.

******

During lunch, I ate the stuff we had in the sleepover but with food. Lexi kept going on and on about modeling which didn't annoy Kendall and Kylie. They practically born into modeling thanks to their older sis. "I say go for it. Get to know him more and more makes the relationship grow fonder." Selena advised. I nodded in agreement. Knowing we each other will make the heart fonder. After school, I walked out to see Justin waiting. Waiting for me. Its so nice and polite of him. I took a deep breath. Lexi patted my shoulder. "I'll pick you up. What time you leave?" She asked. I mimicked, patting her shoulder. "That's nice. But I rather live than die." I said. She stuck her tongue at me. "I'll just walk you home." She said and left with Kendall and Kylie. I huffed and walked over to Justin. He saw me and smiled. Damn that gorgeous smile. "Hey! You ready?" He said. I giggled. "Yup." I said. When we came on the porch, he knocked on the door. It opened and revealed a very pretty young woman who must be his mom. "Hey sweetie! You must be Skye." She said. I smiled. "Nice to meet you Ms. Bieber." I said nicely. She laughed. "Call me Pattie." She said, letting us inside. "Ok." I said. The place was really nice. Suddenly two kids came and hugged Justin. His two siblings. "Justy who is this girl?" His sister asked. He smiled at me. "This is my...friend Skye! Skye, this is Jazzy and Jaxon." He said. Jazzy hugged me. "Will you play with me and my dollies?" She asked. I laughed. "Sure!" I said. She cheered and both of them grabbed my hands to go upstairs. They're so cute.

After an hour with his siblings, I walked into his bedroom. I saw his blanket cover. It was purple. His favorite color. "Like my room?" I heard him. I jumped at his voice. He chuckled. "Don't scare me like that." I said, laughing. I sat on his bed. "It's cool. You even got purple for your covers!" I said. He chuckled. "So, have you ever explored much of Southern California?" He asked. I nodded my head no. "I just moved here. I heard there's a beach. I would love to go." I said. I felt him scoot closer to me. "You like beaches?" He asked. I nodded. "I was born in Southfield Michigan. But it don't have beaches. I always imagined myself being at one...but I can't swim." I admitted. I never told anyone I couldn't swim because I was embarrassed. But with Justin, I felt like I can tell him anything. "It's ok if you can't. I'll teach you." He said. I scoffed. "What are you a lifeguard?" I playfully asked. He scoffed. "I been swimming since I was 5. I'm actually an expert." He said. I giggled. He held my hand. I blushed a little. "But really I can help you. I'll catch you if you fall." He said softly. It was when we leaned almost to another kiss. I realized what was about to happen so I pulled back. "Anyways! It's just you, your siblings and your mom...where's your dad?" I said. He sighed sadly. "He left when I was 3. I'm not mad at him though. My parents made very bad mistakes when they were younger. Like alcohol, drugs and partying. It was before I came." He explained. I felt my heart breaking. Both of us lost a mom and dad. I squeezed his hand. "Least she has you and you got her and Jazzy and Jaxon...and me." I said. He smiled and we hugged. "Did you lost your mom cause of drugs or alcohol?" He asked. I took a deep breath. "Drugs. She was a singer. She taught me how to play piano and guitar. She was in a group with her best friend called Mixed Harmony." I told him. He was in shock. "That's so cool! I'm really sorry." He said. I nodded. "She told me that the music business will be tough. People will lift you up and some will put you down." I said. He looked at me. "When I become a star I wanna stay normal to people. I'm not a perfect world superstar. My life's not perfect at all." He told me. I blushed at how he stay true to himself. "That's right. Just because you were given this gift it doesn't mean you're important than anybody else." I said. He nodded and chuckled. "You sound like my mom." He said. I rolled my eyes and giggled. "All moms know best." I said. He held my hand and squeezed. "Now do you wanna work on the songwriting?" He asked. I nodded and we worked on it for 3 hours.

Meanwhile, Lexi walked me home. I flunked myself in bed. Then I got a text from Justin.

Jay💜: miss you already :)

I madly blushed and Lexi giggled. I groaned and threw a pillow at her. She stuck her tongue at me. I felt my eyes sleepy and I fell asleep. I kept moving sideways. Justin was on my mind a lot. Any minute I picture him, I giggle and smile in my sleep. Then butterflies flowed in my belly. I started to rub it. It's like he drives me crazy. I'm giving it time, just time.