A Young Gymnast

Today I hope won't be problematic. Yesterday, we all gotten straight As for the concert. I was happy and excited for more things to come. Hakeem was so happy he got a good grade. For that, his parents let him do whatever activity or to drive anywhere to have fun. Me? I wanted to go back to one thing: Gymnastics. I've done gymnastics my whole life so I really wanna do this. I was staring outside the door of the room where gymnast boys and girls doing routines and exercising. "Hey Skye!" Someone said behind me. I jumped. It was Lexi. I rolled my eyes. "You could've just tap my shoulder." I said. She huffed. "I wanted to surprise you." She said. I scoffed. "You're full of surprises." I mumbled. She smiled. "You gotta sign up for gymnastics! You know you're good at it!" She said. I sighed. "I want to! It's just been a while since I was a gymnast. What if I'm not good at cartwheeling? What if I fall off the bar? What if I break- She cut me off. "Skye! Stop being afraid to do things. You're a bright girl. I seen you in that room you were so good and still is. I know you're still adjusting to going to this school. But that doesn't mean you can't expand your horizon." She said. I huffed. She's right. This Arts school is amazing and I want to explore out of my comfort zone. I looked at her and smiled. "Ok, I'll do it!" I said. She clapped. "Yay! I'm so proud of you!" She said. I laughed. We walked in the room. I saw a girl do a summersault and the three girls caught her. She looks familiar. Omg! It's Kelli! She saw us and immediately smiled. She ran over to us. "Hey guys!" Kelli said. "Hey!" We said. "No way! You guys do gymnastics?" She said. Lexi smirked. "Not me." She said. I giggled. "I do gymnastics. I was a gymnast from 8 to 13 years old. It's been a while." I told her. Her jaw dropped. "That's great! You gotta sign up! Our school team is called The Queens!" She said. I chuckled. "The queens?" I said. She nodded. "Yeah. Coach Ridley gave us that name for us to know we are queens cause we work hard." She said. I smiled, looking at the brown haired woman with a whistle necklace talking to another gymnast. "Is there a way I could sign up?" I asked. Lexi smiled. "Yes! She's done this before!" She said. Before Kelli could speak, Coach Ridley walked over to us. "Hi, may I help you?" She asked nicely. I smiled. "I'm Skye Brooke. I wanna sign up for gymnastics." I said. She eyed me up and down.
"Have you done gymnastics before?" She asked. I nodded. "Yes. 8 to 13 years old." I told her. Kelli looked at her. "Coach Ridley, she's definitely a Queen member. Being a gymnast for 5 years? That's cool." She said. She smirked. "Let's see what you got." She said. She blew the whistle. "Jake!" She yelled. A boy with brownish-yellow hair came up to her. "This is Skye, she's been a gymnast for 5 years. Show your skills/tricks with her and she'll do the same." She said. He smiled. "Hi I'm Jake." He said. I blushed. "Hey." I said. I took off my shoes and joined him on the blue mat. "Go Skye!" Lexi said. Kelli looked at her. "Really?" She said. Lexi stuck her tongue out. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Coach Ridley applauded. "Amazing! You're actually really good!" She said. Lexi smirked. "Told ya." She said. I laughed. Kelli smiled. "So did she make the team Coach?" She asked. She walked up to me. I was anxious to hear her answer. She smiled. "You better get your gymnast gear." She said. I smiled widely and cheered. Kelli screamed happily and hugged me. Lexi cheered. "Can't believe you just made the team!" She said. I smirked. "Well, I can't be afraid of doing things right?" I said. She smiled proudly and walked out. Kelli wrapped her arm around me. "Cmon, we gotta get your gymnast gear on." She said. I smiled excitingly. Gymnastics, Skye B has returned. I smiled as my gear was hanged up. I kinda missed those 5 years of backflipping and walking on those bars. But I know my heart's set on music but it was also on gymnastics. It's something I would do if I wasn't a musician. I heard Coach Ridley blew her whistle. "Queens! Time to practice! We gotta be ready for the championship to represent the school!" She shouted. My eyes widened. Championship? Represent the school? I smiled widely. I so wanna do this besides the music. I grabbed my gear on and put it on. The Queens are definitely gonna win the championship.