"Alive or Gone, She's Always Here."

I reopened my eyes. I was still in bed. Morning is here and I'm a hot mess in bed. My hair's raggedy, I slept in the same clothes from yesterday. I groaned groggily and got off the bed. I wonder if Lexi already left. I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine, took a shower. I walked in Lexi's room. She was gone. But there was a note on the bed. I looked at it.

Driving to the airport

Dad told me you have to be here for 1 week as punishment, that sucks :(

I promise I'll come back next week

Lexi💜

I smiled. I left the room and walked downstairs. I saw dad drinking coffee and breakfast on the table. "Eat up. I knew you'd be up at this time so I made breakfast." He said. I smiled a bit and made my plate. I didn't make eye contact with him. He knew I was still mad. Maybe if I eat upstairs, he won't notice. I took my plate and walked away. "Where you going?" He asked. "Upstairs to eat." I said. He scoffed. "You never go upstairs to eat. You're always down here eating. Mostly cause you wanted to watch TV with me." He said. He's right. I always wanted to eat with him and Mom and enjoy watching TV. He sighed. "Come and sit. We'll eat and talk before I drive you to school. " He said. I sighed and sat across from him on the dinner table. I began eating yet didn't make eye contact. He looked at me. "Skye, I understand you're still upset. But I'm doing this to protect you. Since your mother, I decided to keep you extra safe from all the dangers out there. That's why I wanted you home when that hurricane was coming. You have no idea how many people lost their lives cause of a natural disaster. I would've failed your mom if I lost you." He said. As I'm getting close to 16, I know now that I won't ever lose people I care about. Not even myself. "Dad, you'll never lose me. I learned that you won't lose people you care about. If you do, you just got to hold on. And be strong. You didn't lose me yet we're still strong." I said. He smiled and rubbed my hair. "Of course we are." He said. I looked at him. "But why did you got caught off guard...when I mentioned Mom's still alive?" I asked. He was very much stunned when I said that.
I bet he missed Mom so much it hurts like hell. He cleared his throat. "I guess the thought of her still hurts and I'm trying to breathe from it." He said. I nodded in understanding. I hugged him. He was a little surprised but hugged back. "I'm so sorry I said that. I know you're still healing dad. But I've healed. Mom maybe gone but she's always in my heart. Forever. I won't ever let her go. I won't ever forget her." I said. A tear almost fell from my eye. He wiped the tear. "No. Alive or gone, she's always here." He said. He smiled. Tears formed in my eyes. "I love you Skye." He said. "I love you too dad." I said. We hugged. This is the longest conversation I've had with dad after 14 years. I took a deep breath. "So, what should we do? I mean I know I have school- he cut me off. "Actually, this is school ditch day." He said. I looked at him. "School ditch day?" I asked. He nodded. "Today I'll let Ms. Oh know you're sick. We're gonna spend a Daddy/daughter day." He said. I chuckled. "Really?" I said. He nodded. "We can go shopping, eat a restaurant and I heard there's a carnival around Los Angeles." He said. I giggled. "You sure? I'm not staying here all day?" I said. He nodded. "But you're still on punishment." He said. I sighed. "But can I at least let my friends know I'm here for 1 week?" I said. He smirked. "No. I called the teacher and they'll believe you're sick." he said. I laughed. "Gotta admit, that's pretty cool!" I said. He chuckled. "Just go get dressed." He said. I smiled and went upstairs.

I guess I wasn't gonna face boredom, loneliness or emptiness.

This daddy/daughter day was the best I had with dad. We went shopping...well I picked out some clothes. He needed more groceries so it was grocery shopping. For lunch, we ate at this beautiful luxurious restaurant in Los Angeles. The first time I tasted tilapia. And it was so good! Last but not least: the carnival. Dad thought it be best if we just go and look at the ocean. I was ok with that. He parked his car and we chilled watching the view of the carnival from a far. He smiled. "I'm proud of you. Becoming a star." He said. I smiled. "Thanks dad. Mom wants me to become better than her." I said. "And you will be sweetheart. You will be." He said. I smiled as I laid my back on the car. "I never want you to be alone. I know it was hard for you. But sometimes it's nice being alone. You get to have your privacy." He said. I nodded in agreement. I do want privacy sometimes. "Thanks to having my own studio, I can always be alone." I said. He nodded. "So anything new coming up?" He asked. "The school showcase. It's to celebrate new talents aka me going to this arts school. I have to perform." I said. He looked at me. "Really? That's great!" He said. I chuckled. "I know. I written two songs for it. I just need to record it." I said. He smirked. "You know you can right now. It's school ditch day." He said. Yes! I will! "I so will!" I said. He smiled. "Do you wanna leave now?" He asked. I cheered and nodded. He chuckled and we got back in the car. As he drove off, I couldn't help smiling. I can't wait to record my showcase song.

Back in my studio, I was thinking of how the song goes. I put on my headphones in the booth. Dad finally gave me back my phone. Since I was being good, he gave it back. I was dying to talk to the others to see if everything's ok. But they'll ask the same question. I took the deep breath and the music started.

I've been here in this place
I've been stuck in this space
Like a ghost that's been missing it's life
Silent words in my mouth
Yeah, they wanna scream out
And I'll leave my old shadow behind
In my heart and out of my mind

Oh woah
I'll go but I won't go quietly
Go down but I'll go down fighting
Don't know where, don't know why
But I can't go back
Back to the way I was
I'll show who I am from the inside
Gonna take my walk on the wild side
Don't know where, don't know why
But I can't go back
Back to the way I was
Oh woah, oh woah oh
Oh woah, oh woah oh
Oh woah, oh woah
No I can't go back
Back to the way I was

I'm a leaf, I'm a seed
That's been waiting for spring
I'm a girl reinventing herself
We might fall, we might rise
We are all butterflies
Breaking free from our jars on the shelf
We're finding out the truth for ourselves

Oh woah
I'll go but I won't go quietly
Go down but I'll go down fighting
Don't know where, don't know why
But I can't go back
Back to the way I was
I'll show who I am from the inside
Gonna take my walk on the wild side
Don't know where, don't know why
But I can't go back
Back to the way I was
Oh woah, oh woah oh
Oh woah, oh woah oh
Oh woah, oh woah
No I can't go back
Back to the way I was

I'll go but I won't go quietly
Go down but I'll go down fighting
Could be hurt, could be love
But I can't go back
Back to the way I was
I'll go but I won't go quietly
Go down but I'll go down fighting
Don't know where, don't know why
But I can't go back
Back to the way I was
I'll show who I am from the inside
Gonna take my walk on the wild side
Don't know where, don't know why
But I can't go back
Back to the way I was
Oh woah, oh woah oh
Oh woah, oh woah oh
Oh woah, oh woah
No I can't go back
Back to the way I was

I then turned on another song. This one's got a dance vibe involving the dancers. I smiled as the music played.

I smiled widely and took off the headphones. My phone beeped. It was the others. I looked at their texts. They hoped I'll feel better since "I'm sick" this week. I chuckled. I left the room and looked for dad. Yes I'm 15 and I look for my parents like I'm 4. I'm his only child. I'm his prized possession. He wasn't in his room. I looked outside his bedroom window. He was outside, talking on the phone. Who's he talking to? Bet he has to go on another business trip. I turned around but tripped with a thud. God, why do I always fall? I looked and saw I tripped over some mail papers. I got up and left. Little did I know he was angry on the phone about something.