Chapter 7 - The Aftermath Part 4

A month later, with Charles Goodshow & Scott and the International News Media:

"We have some very bad news," Charlie said in a solemn voice.

"And what that might be?" the news reported asked.

"It's Ash Ketchum," Scott replied. "We believe that he is dead because his has been missing for a month and yet we can't find any evidence of him still alive."

"Very well. I'll inform the world about it so people all over the world can commemorate him for saving the lives of many legendary and mythical Pokemon as well as protecting the world from destruction," assured the news reporter.

A few days later, on the global news:

"It is to my greatest sympathy, that Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town, has been declared dead. He has been missing for a month and there is no evidence of him alive. His death will strongly affect his friends and family. Many will know that he has saved many legendary and mythical Pokemon from causing destruction to break out. Please allow a minute of silence so we can commemorate him for his significant contribution to the world," the news reporter stated.

With Brock at his Pewter City Gym:

"Hey Brock, you need to look at this," Flint said, pointing at the news displayed on his TV.

"What is it dad?" he asked. After the news report, Brock broke down into tears. "Impossible!" he said, "I refuse to believe that he is dead."

"As much as I hate to admit it, he is dead," Lola said with a strong sense of sympathy.

"Ash..." Brock thought to himself. "Thank you for being my long time brother and always there for me. I'll never forget our fun times we had together when we journeyed throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Despite what the media said, I know you're still out there somewhere."

With Max at his father's Petalburg City Gym:

"No! I refuse to believe that he is dead," Max said in defiance, tears rolling down his eyes after watching the news. Norman and Caroline broke down, comforting each other knowing how much Ash meant to them.

"Ash, you have been my long time idol and you will always be. For you, I'll do my best and become one of the strongest Pokemon trainers in the world," Max thought to himself.

May had been watching the news, and displayed a fake remorseful facial expression, but was deeply happy that the pathetic excuse of a trainer was gone forever. "About time," she thought to herself.

With Dawn at her house in Twinleaf Town:

"It can't be true! He can't be dead that easily!" Dawn shouted in grief after watching the news. "I agree," Johanna stated.

"He is too strong to be dead just because he has disappeared for a month. It will be a matter of time when he shows up again. Dawn, when he reappears, make sure you're ready to confess to him," she added.

"No need to worry," Dawn said, half relieved. "I'll be ready for him."

With Paul at his house in Veilstone City:

"Paul, have you seen the news? Ash has been declared dead!" Reggie shouted to Paul while Paul was training with his Pokemon.

"Wait what!?" Paul exclaimed, while his Pokemon were equally shocked upon hearing what Reggie said.

"Ash Ketchum dead! Impossible!" However as Paul briefly watched the news, he was furious. "Ash, thank you for everything you have done for me. I'll forever be at your debt. I'll avenge your death and get revenge on the traitors as soon as possible," Paul whispered to himself.

With Bonnie and Clemont at their Lumiose City Gym:

"No way!" Bonnie screamed, crying that her "second brother" has been declared dead.

"I doubt that Ash is dead. He has to be out there somewhere," Clemont said, skeptical of the news media.

"But the news reported-" Bonnie said.

"Bonnie," Clemont cut her off. "There are many cases where the news release fake news. This might just well be one of the perfect examples," Clemont assured her. "I'm sure that Ash will reveal himself soon. And in the meantime, we must stay strong and not lose hope," he added.

With Serena at her house in Vaniville Town:

"No! I refuse to believe that Ash is dead!" Serena shouted, tears streaming down below her blue eyes after learning that the love of her life was declared dead. Grace was sympathetic towards her daughter, knowing how much Ash meant to her.

"Why is the world so cruel?" Serena said whilst still crying.

"Honey, remember what Ash said? 'Never give up until the very end'. I seriously doubt what the news reporter said was true. Ash would never give up that easily," Grace replied.

"I think you're right," Serena replied back. "Ash would never give up until the very end," she added, a bit reassured now believing that Ash is still alive.

"And make sure to confess to him before anyone else does," Grace said with a smirk. "You bet," Serena said smiling. "It's only a matter of time when I see him again."