Chapter 44 - Bonnie's 6th Gym Battle

Bonnie's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Dedenne: Thunderbolt, Play Rough, Nuzzle, Iron Tail.

Lapras: Rain Dance, Ice Beam, Surf, Body Slam.

Mantine: Double Team, Scald, Aerial Ace, Blizzard.

Kirlia: Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam.

Florges: Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Light Screen, Vine Whip.

After staying overnight at her home and eating breakfast that was given from her older brother, Clemont, Bonnie has finally made her way through Route 14 and arrived at Laverre City.

When arriving at the gym, she was greeted by a young woman with black hair wearing a fanciful outfit.

"Hi Bonnie. Long time no see. How are you?" asked Valerie.

"Valerie, good to see you," said Bonnie as she hugged the gym leader. "You still look so pretty in that outfit."

"Aww thank you Bonnie," replied Valerie. "Anyway, what brings you here?"

"I'm actually here to challenge you to a gym battle, since I'm competing in the Kalos League," answered Bonnie.

"Wow what really? Alright then, let's battle now," said Valerie, as she led Bonnie indoors. As they walked inside, a group of Furisode girls were chatting when they saw Valerie and Bonnie walking inside.

"Valerie, and Bonnie?" said one of the girls in surprise.

"That's right," replied Valerie, smiling back. "Bonnie is here for a gym battle," she added.

"Alright, then can I be the referee?" asked one of the other Furisode girls.

"Sure thing," said Valerie, as the girl who volunteered made her way to the midpoint of the battlefield while the other girls sat down to spectate the battle.

"This will be an official 2 on 2 gym battle between the gym leader Valerie and the challenger Bonnie. Only the challenger is allowed to substitute Pokemon and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please take out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Sylveon, I'm starting off with you," said Valerie as the Intertwining Pokemon appeared on its four legs in the battlefield.

"Dedenne, I'm counting on you," said Bonnie as the Antenna Pokemon jumped off Bonnie's backpack and into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Bonnie, you can go first if you wish," gestured Valerie.

"Alright, if you insist. Dedenne, begin with Thunderbolt," ordered Bonnie as Dedenne's red cheek pouches sparked and fired a powerful zap of electricity towards the opposing Sylveon.

"Counter with Moonblast," commanded Valerie as Sylveon opened its mouth and formed a powerful ball of pink and white energy, firing towards the incoming Thunderbolt.

Both special attacks collided with each other, creating a powerful explosion that damaged both Pokemon a bit.

"Reduce the future special attacks by using Light Screen," said Valerie as Sylveon created an invisible 3D cubic wall of yellow light to reduce the damage of special attacks by one stage.

"Use Nuzzle," commanded Bonnie as Dedenne charged forward to Sylveon and rubbed its cheeks against Sylveon, damaging the latter as well as paralysing it.

However, this gave Valerie a slim chance to damage it now. "Use Moonblast again," ordered Valerie as Sylveon, despite being affected by paralysis, opened its mouth again and fired another Moonblast at Dedenne, scoring a direct hit, inflict a lot of damage as well as lowering its special attack.

"Strike it with Iron Tail," said Bonnie as Dedenne recovered after being hit by Moonblast and began to charge towards Sylveon while its tail glowed silvery white.

"Finish it off with Moonblast," ordered Valerie, but due to paralysis, it could not move and was directly hit by the super effective attack as well as fainting after taking damage.

"Sylveon is unable to battle. Dedenne wins," said the referee.

"Return, Sylveon. You did great. Take a good rest," praised Valerie as she returned the Intertwining Pokemon back into its PokeBall. "Go Aromatisse," she said as the Fragrance Pokemon appeared in the battlefield.

"Dedenne, do you wish to take a rest? I might need to use you later," offered Bonnie, and Dedenne nodded its head and went back to its trainer. "Go Florges," she said as the Garden Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Another battle between two Fairy types. This is getting interesting," commented Valerie.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Florges, let's also use Light Screen," said Bonnie as the Garden Pokemon created a 3D invisible cube of yellow light, reducing any opposing damage done by special attacks by one stage.

"Use Flash Cannon," ordered Valerie as Aromatisse fired a powerful beam of silvery white light towards the opposing Florges, scoring a direct hit on the Garden Pokemon and inflicting a lot damage on it. However, due to Light Screen, the damage was slightly reduced.

"Florges, don't give up and use Moonblast," commanded Bonnie as Florges got up while recovering from the super effective attack and fired a Moonblast towards Aromatisse and directly hitting the latter. Despite the Light Screen reducing the damage, Moonblast managed to reduce Aromatisse's special attack by one stage.

"Use Flash Cannon once more," said Valerie as Aromatisse fired a beam of silvery light towards the opposing Florges, being slightly reduced due to the effects of Moonblast. However, Bonnie had an idea.

"Use Vine Whip to hit it back," commanded Bonnie as 2 dark green vines stretched out from Florges and struck the incoming Flash Cannon like a offensive weapon back towards Aromatisse and inflicting damage on the latter.

"Let's finish this with Moonblast," said Bonnie as Florges opened its mouth and fired a Moonblast towards the opposing Aromatisse.

"Fight back with Psychic," ordered Valerie as Aromatisse's eyes glowed light blue and fired several purple beams of energy towards the incoming Moonblast. However, due to Aromatisse's special attack being lowered from the effects of Moonblast, Psychic was overpowered by Moonblast and was directly hit by the attack and eventually fainting in the process.

"Aromatisse is unable to battle. Florges wins. Therefore the winner is the challenger Bonnie," declared the referee.

"Yay we did it," said Bonnie as she went to hug her Pokemon then recalling it into its PokeBall.

"Return, Aromatisse. You did your best. Take a well deserved break," said Valerie as she returned the Fragrance Pokemon was recalled.

"Well done, Bonnie. I really enjoyed my battle with you. I'm definitely sure you will be able to do well in the Kalos League. As proof of victory, here is the Fairy Badge," she said while giving out the gym badge to the young trainer.

"Thank you Valerie, that means a lot," said Bonnie as she took the badge.

"And best of luck when challenging Olympia and Wulfric. They will be quite a challenge, especially with Wulfric's Mega Abomasnow," added Valerie.

"I'll do my best," said Bonnie.

"I know you will," replied Valerie.

"Alright, I'll head to the Pokemon Centre heal my Pokemon. See you later Valerie," said Bonnie as she walked out of the gym and waved farewell to Valerie and the Furisode Girls, who waved back at her.

"Good idea and take care," said Valerie as she watched Bonnie leave.