Wake up Call

I'm awoken by the feeling of a soft hand on my cheek. I can tell it's Jack's.  He cups my cheek and plants a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you in a few hours after rehearsals Em. I can't wait to sing for you. Keep sleeping if you want, someone will come wake you up. I love you Em." I keep my eyes closed, and give Jack a lazy smile. "I love you too Jack." I say, and then drift back to sleep.

Less than an hour later, Rachael wakes me up. "You can keep sleeping if you want but I thought that maybe you would like it if I did your makeup for your boyfriend's first showwwww." Rachael says in a singsong voice. While normally I don't wear makeup, I agree with Rachael that this is definitley an exception. "Make me look HOT." I say, laughing. Rachael, who has already picked her outfit, and done her makeup spends almost an hour and a half doing mine. "EMILY! If you would stop moving, this would go faster!" she shouts. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll stay still." I say, laughing a bit. "No need. I'm done!" she says, and sprays my face with some sort of salty spray. "Setting spray." She says, and blows on my face to help the drying process. She picks up a handheld mirror and puts it up to my face. My breath is taken away. I have never felt so beautiful in my life. "Now, let's get you in a nice outfit and let's go!" I rummage through my suitcase and find the third most scandalous outfit I brought. A two piece shimmering gold set with a pair of super high waisted shorts and a gold sequin crop top. I pair it with a black shimmery choker, and a pair of converse. "Perfect! Let's go!" Rachael says, grabbing my hand. "While you were asleep I talked to the tour manager. VIP ended about 10 minutes ago which means the show should start in about 20 minutes. We gotta go through the back entrance so we can stand in front of the barrier. "Okay!" I say excitedly, putting my all access pass around my neck, and my nametag on my shirt. As we enter though the back door, a security guard scans us for any illegal items, and let's us in. We run backstage to see the boys. They're in our sight when a big lady stops us.

"Hey now, hey now. NO fans are allowed backstage. This is crew only, so you girls better get back to the general admission area or I will personally throw you out of this concert. With my own two hands." I cant help but laugh at her threatening remarks. "Trust me. I think I'm allowed to be back here." I say between laughs, showing her my all access pass. The lady is clearly angered by my laughs. "Okay, that's it. You ladies just earned yourself a trip to the outside of this venue. No concert for you." As the lady fishes speaking, I see Jack running towards me. I sneak past the lady and she yells "Get back here before I have to get more security!" Jack and I run towards each other, and I jump into his arms. He picks me up in the air, and admires my makeup. "Oh my God Em. You look SO good. What did I do to deserve you?" He says, as he plants a kiss on my lips. He puts me down and admires my outfit. "Em! You're stunning. I - I - I I'm lost for words." He says, pulling me into a hug. I giggle and whisper into his ear. "I think I made that security guard angry."

As Jack and I share our hug, Jonah and Rachael share a hug as well. I hear a loud huff. "Hmph. You boys know these girls, I was just about to throw them out for sneaking backstage." The angry guard says. Corbyn steps out from the rehearsal room and puts his arm around me. "This lady right here is the most important woman on the tour. Screw me and the guys, it's all about her. She can do, and go wherever and whatever she wants to do." I giggle, and see the anger growing on the security guard's face. "Fine." She says, and walks back to her post.

Just then, a little girl of about 7 years old walks to up the security guard, holding her mom's hand. "Hi, I paid for my daughter to have a meet and greet with her favourite band, Why Don't We, but she got a little shy and nervous when it came her time to meet them, and she ran away. I was wondering if she could have her picture now, since she has calmed down." The little girl is absolutely adorable. She has a big smile, and tear stained cheeks, and she is clinging onto a giant teddy bear. The security guard cracks her neck. "No m'aam. You missed your shot. It's not my fault your little one wasn't ready. The show is about to start and meet and greets are OVER. They ended 15 minutes ago. Buy another one next time when she's ready." I can see the tears growing on the little girls face. "But I can see the boys just over there.." the girls mom says quietly. "No you can not m'aam. In fact, you can't even be back here right now, so please go find your seats." The girl begins to whimper, and fresh tears roll down her face. "Mommy" the little girl chokes out between tears. "I'm sorry sweetie. I'm so so sorry." She says, and turns around. As the duo are walking away, Jack shouts. "HEY. We would never turn down a fan like that." Jack says as he walks past the grumpy guard. "What's your name sweetie?" He says, getting on his knees and gives the girl a big hug. "My name is Abbey" she says, as another tear rolls down her cheek. Jack takes the back of his knuckle and wipes her tears away. "No more tears for you, miss Abbey!" he says in a goofy voice. "I like your teddy bear a lot!" He says, petting the bear's head. "It's for you and Emily" she says, smiling, showing her two missing front teeth. "For me and Emily? Why thank you Abbey!" Jack gestures for me to join the two of them. "Emily, meet Abbey." Jack says, putting an arm around me. "Hi Abbey!" I say. I lean in and whisper into her ear "that security lady is really mean isn't she? She tried to kick me out too!" I say. Little Abbey laughs, and nods her head. "She is!" I smile and laugh.

"Well, the photographers went home already, but if you have a cellphone, we can take a bunch of pictures!" Jack says to Abbey's mom, who introduces herself as Katherine. "I do! Perfect!"

Abbey shares a hug with each of the boys, and they line up to take pictures. She takes a picture with each boy, and then they all take a group photo. I walk up to Katherine, and nudge her. "Hey, you get in a couple of photos. I'll take the pictures." She smiles, and walks into the photo. "Say cheese!" I say. Each of them laugh and say cheese. I hand Katherine her phone back. "You kids are just the loveliest group of people. I'm so glad Abbey got to meet you." Zach smiles and gives Katherine a hug. "We are glad we got to meet her too!" Zach gives Abbey a big high five. "Can I take one more picture?" Abbey asks. "Of course you can!" Daniel says. "Can I take a selfie with you?" Abbey says to me. I'm instantly shocked. "With me?" I say, giggling a bit. "Mmhmm!!" Abbey says, giving another toothy smile. "Alright!" I say. We take a selfie on her mom's phone. Quickly, I pull Jack in, and get my own phone out and take a picture of the 3 of us. "Thank you!!" Abbey says. "Of course!" Everyone chirps. I walk over to Abbey's mom. "Hey, do you mind if I post this on my Instagram?" I say, referring to the picture of Jack, Abbey and I. "Oh, of course you can hon!" She lowers her voice to a whisper. "Maybe if I gave you her Instagram you could tag her.. that would make her very happy!" I laugh. "Of course! I'll follow her too! And maybe some of the boys will as well!" I wink, and Katherine claps her hands together. "Oh she will be so happy! She has been having trouble with bullying at school, and this will just show her that if you put up with hard things, something good will follow! Her Instagram is abbeyluvswdw" I tell Katherine that I too deal with bullies, and that I'm very proud of Abbey. She smiles and agrees with me. Before we know it the boys' tour manager comes out. "It's show time! Get out there boys!" Jack gives me a quick kiss, and I wish him luck. "I love you!" We both say before he runs on stage. "Quick, come with us!" We say to Abbey and her mom as we run through the staff only passage way that leads to the section in front of the fan barrier. "Wow!! This is so much better than our seats!!" Abbey says, yelling over the crowd. Her mom thanks Rachael and I greatly.

Before we know it, the show is beginning, and the girls in the crowd are going wild.