Bye-Bye-Birdie

"She's coming around the front of the venue in 5 minutes." I say to Corbyn.

"Are you sure this is a good plan? You barely know her" He asks, sounding concerned.

"I'm sure of it." I say, packing up my suitcase. I pull my posters off the wall, and throw them into my suitcase with the fairy lights and all my other clothes.

"Corbyn?"
"Yeah?"
"Have an amazing rest of the tour. It's going to be incredible. I love you." I say, giving him one last hug before unlocking the door to the bus. When I said I love you, I'm pretty sure I meant it in a purely friendly way, but my thoughts are so clouded, I can't even tell.

"That's all I've ever wanted to hear." I hear Corbyn whisper quietly.
"Okay. Let's do this." I say, opening the door to the bus.

As I walk out the door, suitcase in hand, Jack, Zach, Daniel, Jonah and Rachael are all waiting outside, and all the fans had left. "What the HELL EMILY? You locked us out of the bus! What is your problem??" I completely ignore Rachael, and walk down the steps of the bus. "Emily?" Jack says, quietly, looking concerned. "Save it, you asshole." I say. Everyone looks extremely confused. "Emily! Wait!" Jack says as I push past everyone.
"Save it Jack. She wanted to look for you. She wanted to congratulate you. Well she Definitley found you. Found you making out with some fan. That wasn't just a kiss on the cheek for a photo Jack. That was cheating. How could you let her go like that man?"

I hear shouts from behind me as I walk up to the black car waiting for me.

"Emily!!!!" Jack calls out.
"Leave it man. You messed up. Just leave it."
"Emily. PLEASE!" Jack calls out again.
This time I year scuffling noises.
"Let me go Jonah!! Emily!!" Jack screams, and I can hear his voice break as the tears begin to come.

I get into the passenger seat of the car, luggage in hand without looking back at the scene unravelling behind me.

"So, you need a ride home?" Katherine asks with a sympathetic smile. I nod and wipe away the tear that I didn't even know was coming. I look at the back seat to see Abbey sound asleep in the back of the car.

"Alright, well, tell me what address to put into the GPS, and let's get you home."

"I really can't thank you enough for this. Really."

"It's the least I can do. Really. Now, do you want to tell me what happened?"

The next hour and a half of driving consists of Katherine consoling me, and telling me that everything will be alright. We even stop at a McDonalds drive through to get some ice cream to make us feel better. While we are at the McDonalds I call my parents to tell them the situation.

"Hey, so my parents said it's far too late for you to drive all the way home after dropping me off, so they've made a room for you and Abbey in our house." I say to Katherine as we pull out of the drive through.

"Oh, Emily sweetie, that isn't nessicary." she says with a yawn.

"No, really. You're tired, and shouldn't drive all the way home. It would be our pleasure. Really. I mean, after all you've done for me tonight, it's nothing."

"Well.. okay.. I just hope I'm not imposing." she says, seeming unsure of if she should stay with us or not.

"You aren't." I say with a smile, and we continue our drive, snacking on icecream and French fries.