Beauty

"It's 8pm!" Jack says, childishly, and I'm slightly confused. "Right.. It's 8pm.. and?" I say to Jack, wondering why it's a special time. "The Ferris wheel is free at 8pm. Let's go!" He says, grabbing my hand, and leading me through herds of people. We weave in and out of large groups of people until we reach the biggest Ferris wheel I've ever seen. A youngish guy opens the gate to a shakey little hot air balloon shaped Ferris wheel seat. He closes the gate, and pulls on it to make sure it's shut, before giving a thumbs up to the ride operator.

As the ride begins and we start to move, the carriage wobbles a bit. I close my eyes. "Jack.." I say "I'm a little bit afraid of heights" I feel his gentle hand touch mine. "Emily, open your eyes. It's so beautiful. It'll be over before you know it, and then you'll be sad that you missed the view. Trust me. It'll be okay." I open my eyes to see one of the nicest views I've ever seen. The water is reflecting all of the carnival lights, in the most beautiful way possible. I can see the whole city from up here too. "Woah" I say under my breath.

While my eyes are glued on the beautiful view, I can see from the corner of my eye that Jack's beautiful eyes are glued on me. I can't see myself, and I know that I'm probably a sweaty mess, yet somehow, I feel more beautiful than I've ever felt before.