Instagrams Selfies

As we are all eating, Jack pulls out his phone. "I'm gonna post this on Instagram." He says, showing us all the picture of him and I sharing a cute little innocent kiss on the top of the ferris wheel. I put a deep fried oreo in my mouth, and look at the picture. "I look bad though!" I saw with my mouth full, protesting. "No, you look beautiful." he says, kissing the top of my head. "Hmmm" he mumbles, while typing vigorously. He finishes typing and smiles proudly. "Perfect." he passed me his phone to look at the caption he chose. His face looks so silly, and hopeful, eager to see my reaction.

"I never thought I'd meet the perfect girl.. and I never thought I would be able to make her my girlfriend.. but here we are. I love you Em❤"

"Awww!" I blush, and wrap my arms around his waist. "Jack!" I say, nuzzling my face into his chest. "Boo! PDA!" Rachael jokes, throwing a piece of popcorn at me. I'm glad we are okay now. Jack takes the phone back and clicks post. "Okay, one more ride" Jack says, sliding his phone into his pocket.

We all get up from where we've been sitting, and head toward the swing ride. It's one of my favourites because it goes slowly enough that it doesn't make me sick, and yet the view is still amazing. Jack and I make sure we sit beside each other.

~
Once we are all ready to go home, Jack drops Rachael off at her house, and then drops me off, as well. He walks me to my door, and gives me a tight hug, before kissing me goodnight. I watch every step he takes as he walks toward the car, noticing his particularly large feet, smacking the sidewalk in his white converse. Jonah has taken over the front seat that I was sitting in only moments ago. Jack turns around and waves goodbye one last time, and I wave back. Jonah also waves from inside the car. Once they've sped off, I knock on the door, and my mom slowly opens it for me. "Had a good day, kiddo?" She asks, noticing the smile on my face. "Oh yeah!" I explain. "I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!" I give my mom a big hug, and head upstairs to my room.

After getting ready as quickly as possible, I hop into bed and pull out my phone to text Jack. Quickly, I fire off a goodnight text to him, filled with heart emojis, and open my Instagram for the first time in awhile. To my surprise, as I open the app, I have gained over 100 followers. "What the hell.." I whisper to myself. My heart begins to race, looking at all these new followers. "WDWnumbr1fan", "jckaverymyking", "corbynsbean" and 100s of other fans of Jack and the boys have started to follow me. Not only that, but people from my school who normally don't give me a second glance in the hallway have started to follow me. "Wow!! Didn't know you guys are dating!! You make the cutest couple<3 xox" commented by SadieFletcher17 "Dang Emily, look at u go!!!" Commented by ellcostello.

I can't even begin to understand how I'm feeling. These girls never talk to me, but now that Jack posted a picture with me, suddenly they're going crazy. I decide to go to Jack's page, but instantly, I find out that's a bad idea. The number of hate comments that flood Jack's recent picture send chills down my spine. I scroll through the thousands of comments, and read each one.

"He would look cuter with me"
"This is disgusting"
"NOOOO he has a girlfriend? I guess Zach is my new favourite"
"I hate her"
"WTF"
"ugh. This caption should be about me"
"This makes me mad tbh"
"Still gonna make a move if I ever meet him. Oops. #tea"
"She is actually so uglyyyy wtf jackkkkkkk? WHy her?"
"I like the fact that she isnt pretty. It makes me think I have more of a chance with him :D"

I throw my phone to the ground, and pull the covers over my head. I know the message must be from Jack, and I know he's probably telling me goodnight, yet somehow, I can't bring myself to look at the phone. Maybe Jack does deserve better after all. Maybe all the comments are true. I pick up my phone again and swipe away Jack's Jack's goodnight message. And begin to compose a new message. This time, it's to Corbyn. "Hey.. I really need someone to talk to right now. Please msg me me back."

After 10 minutes without a reply, I begin to get tired. "Nevermind, I'm super tired. Pretend I never sent that."  I send the message, and try to sleep. Unfortunately enough for me, I don't think I got even an hour of sleep.

~~~Author's note~~~

Sorry, this isn't my best chapter.. but this story is about to get gooood!! Get ready for it :))