Part 2 - An Interview

Y/N POV

I woke up after a deep sleep. Stretching widely and yawning loudly, I scratched the back of my neck strangely blankly out of my window. Then i quickly remembered my interview and a huge grin was plastered on my face. Unable to hide my excitement I jumped out of bed and ran into my bathroom. 

I took a warm shower and sung loudly, not caring about my neighbours as usual

I took a warm shower and sung loudly, not caring about my neighbours as usual. I sung proudly and screamed when the chorus came on. "EOJJEONA EOJJEONA" you yelled (A/n: had to slide svt in lol). After brushing your teeth and doing your facial routine, you left your bathroom to decide on an outfit. 

As autumn is approaching you decided to dress fairly warm and cosy

As autumn is approaching you decided to dress fairly warm and cosy. You usually don't put in much effort into your appearance as at your work your cooped up in an office all day, but today you wanted to leave a good impression. So by adding a bit of make up to enhance your beauty and brushing your hair you scanned yourself in the mirror. Although you may not believe your perfect, you knew beauty came from within, so you smiled at yourself before posing stupidly and laughing. 

You prepared breakfast quickly and ate it even quicker, not wanting to be late. Then you locked your apartment and ran down the complex's stairs, tripping multiple times due to your everlasting clumsiness. You started walked at a fast pace to your local bus stop and waited. Putting in your earphones and hoping on the bus you sat at the back and listened to your favourite bops to ease your nerves. Nodding your head to the beat you almost completely ignored a little old lady infant of you trying to get your attention. 

Y/n: "Sorry!" you exclaimed "I had my music too loud, did you need something" you nervously laughed and turned to her.

Old lady: "Oh its nothing important, I was just curious as to where your going dressed so smartly, you remind me of my daughter" she smiled brightly.

Y/n: "Ahh, I'm going for an interview at Pledis? if thats what its called. i believe its a music company but I'm not too sure about much Korean music" you again chuckled at your little knowledge of Korean culture.

Old Lady: "Pledis! One of my grandsons works there" she said proudly.

You figured she meant just as a normal worker, not an idol but you smiled anyway at her obvious love for her family. 

Old lady: "well this is my stop! I hope your interview goes well and if you see my grandson, tell him to find a nice girl like you!" she said before getting up and leaving

Y/n: "But i don't know him name.." you trailed off realising she had already gone.

You shrugged it off and looked out the window thinking about her words.

Looking up at the tall building you gulped slightly. Pledis looked so intimidating and serious, you hadn't prepared at all and now the nerves really started to kick in. But remembering the lady kind words, you had a boost in confidence and opened the door.

Once you had singed in, you sat outside what you suspected to be where you'd be interviewed. People would pass by, some smiling politely, but most completely ignoring you. But you didn't mind, and continue playing with the hem of your skirt. Suddenly the door opened -

"Miss Lee Y/n?" a stern voice asked.

Y/n: "Yes thats me!" You stood up nervously and followed the figure into a small room. 

Manager: "So we were impressed with your application and past experience as an assistant" he said with a smile easing your nerves.

Manager: "But the other reason we called you in so soon is because we have just left an important member of staff who is on maternity leave. She played a big role in 'the boys' life's and needed to be replaced with someone of a smilier nature." he paused.

Manager: "Though you are only 21, your age is compatible with most of the boys and we think you'd be perfect for this role!" he smiled and continued to explain how you'd be an assistant for a boy group called 'Seventeen'. Turns out you'd heard of their music before and liked it, but didn't know anything about the members.

Y/n: "Thats great! Thirteen boys..thats a lot to manage" you laughed but showed a genuine concern. 

Manager: "Well you won't alone, your main role will just be checking up on them, their progress and being there for support" he explained. After 30 more minutes you both came to an agreement and he explained the ground rules of dating, the public blah blah blah. He then told you that you would meet them tomorrow at their dorm to get comfortable. You bid goodbye and left feeling happy but exhausted. 

On your way out, you went past a practise room and peered in. You noticed 12 members and guessed that may be seventeen..but missing one? They seemed to be having fun which made you smile. You turned to leave but bumped into someone causing you to fall down.

"Ouch!" you groaned as you landed on your butt with a thud.

??: "I'm so sorry! I didn't notice you, I wasn't paying attention" the stranger panicked looking down on you.

Y/n: "No..its ok, im clumsy and wasn't looking aha.." you trailed off looking up to notice he had outstretched his hand.

You took it and thanked him before making eye contact. You widened your eyes seeing the gorgeous man in front of you. You started at each other for a while, still holding his hand, centimetres apart. You coughed  and stepped back awkwardly looking down.

Mingyu: "Sorry again for bumping into you..I'm Mingyu" he smiled at you AND COULD HE GET ANYMORE GORGEOUS!?

Y/n: "Its fine" you replied while still caught up in his dark brown captivating eyes..

Mingyu: "Hello..?"  he said waving his hand in front of your eyes.

You suddenly realised what you were doing and panicked "Y-Yeah I'm fine!" you stuttered before running away, casually tripping a few times as you escaped down the hallway. 

Mingyu POV

I watched her run down the hallway, tripping up a few times and then disappearing through the doors. I didn't know who she was, or what her name was..but i couldn't forget about her for the rest of my day.