Part 26 - Articles

{A/N: oK so, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 500 READS!? LIKE I AM VERY CONFUSED MYSELF HOW I REACHED THAT. But on a serious note i appreciate it so much, i hope you enjoy the story and leave any suggestions in the comments <3}

— — — 

DK: "wHO ARE YOU DATING!?" A few yells and screams filled the room and you almost fell off your chair from the vibrations. 

Y/N: "WOahh woah woah, calm down! What are you-"

Boo: "NEWSPAPERS TELL US YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP! EEEEEK WHEN CAN I MEET HIM? :D" he held your hands in his, jumping up and down and for a moment you swore you were dreaming. 

Y/N: "Oh right, yeah about that" you started giggling, you knew something they didn't and you found it hilarious. 

DK: "Whats so funny?" 

Y/N: "Oh we're not dating, just the press doing it for 'drama'" you rolled your eyes and continued to giggle. 

Boo: "OOoohh, you guys do look cute though" you smiled a little disappointed, but also happy. 

Y/N: "I'll probably keep it up a bit though~" you turned your back, picking up your bag and smiling to yourself, knowing their reaction. 

DK & Boo: "WHAT!? WHY?" 

Y/N: "Well its keeping the dating rumours between me and the members down, so its for your benefit really. Anyway I'm off, see ya!" you pushed past them, smirking and made your way to your office. 

It hadn't even even been five minutes before Hoshi bursted in the door. He panted slightly and looked at you with large eyes.

"YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE!?"

After explaining everything over coffee in your cozy office, he made an "ooh" sound and leaned back in the plush leather chair, thinking. He looked troubled, something was on his mind and it was up to you to figure it out.

Y/N: "Go on then, whats wrong?" Hoshi was an open book luckily, he never failed to open up and talk.

Hoshi: "Its Mingyu, he's not acting the same" he sighed and leaned forward.

Y/N: "Oh, right. And?" you tried to act like you didn't care, you tried pretending you didn't worry about him, but deep down a spark reignited and concern flooded you.

Hoshi: "Well he's not as high spirited, he's acting quieter, less enthusiastic, just overall not as happy." he leaned his head on his hand and carried on his list.

"Hes not trying as hard in practises, he barely comes out with us and he didn't even come and see the new star wars, HIS FAVOURITE FILM" 

Y/N: "Hoshi, why are you telling me this?" you looked at him sympathetically, but you knew you needed some space from Mingyu. He didn't need you and you needed to learn to live without him.

Hoshi: "W-what? I thought you'd wanna know and help-"

Y/N: "Hoshi, I'm your assistant, not your mum. Of course I need to look out for all of you but you know how things are with me and Mingyu right now. Its better if i stay away from him" you smiled weakly and looked back for your laptop in your bag. 

Hoshi: "But..he needs you Y/n.."

Y/N: "No Hosh, he needs you. Now go help him, come back if its important" you gave one last smile and looked down, signalling you needed to work. 

He slowly made his way to the door, looking back at you but you kept your head down, typing quickly. He shut the door quietly and you were alone. You worked furiously throughout the day, channeling all your emotions onto your work, only when you took a break did an article catch your eye. 

You always had to monitor fan pages, just to see what they were saying, you clicked on one as it held your name in the title, a shock to you. You clicked on the website and read impatiently, eyes widening at the words. 

"Y/N (SVT'S ASSISTANT) DATING RUMOURS!? HOW DO WE FEEL?"

You felt your nerves creep up. you'd always worried about hate, it got to you a lot so you feared scrolling further, but curiosity got the best and you went down.

"Personally I'm kinda sad. I ship Y/n and Mingyu Oppa~"

"Awee, they look cute together, but don't you think Y/n looks sad? Maybe she misses our boys <3"

"I think its good she's not dating a member, but I'm let down in a way xD"

"I respect her not getting with a member, i'd be mad >:("

You were pleasantly surprised by they comments, obviously there was some more hate, but overall pretty good. You felt a boost until you came across a final comment, one which made you rethink a lot.

"Guys...i get no one wants to see Mingyu Oppa taken, but he's not the same. In a recent interview he looks sad and distracted, not to mention he's always smiling around her. I just feel like he's not as happy anymore, nor is she. We have to respect his choices, i mean we've all fallen for him, so why can't she? 

You can't help who you fall for guys~"

That last line sent a bolt of electricity through you, reminding you everything that had happened. Were you really prepared to let everything go so easily? Your mind was foggy and your heart was beating quicker than normal. Butterflies swam in your stomach, for no reason? You were nervous and the easiest way to loose your nerves was to forget about him. 

In that moment your phone pinged.

Another distraction?