Part 27 - Road Trip

Y/N POV

Its been a little over a month since the fallout and you'd been coping pretty well. Seventeen had finished their promotions and now had a lot of free time. You had been busy too, the gang had been around a lot and you'd all been having fun. You had been in contact with Seventeen, you did meet them a lot and you were on good terms, expect Mingyu. Anytime you were around you'd just make brief contact and not talk - practically strangers.

But now things were changing. You sat in your room packing your bag, stuffing as much as possible into your small suitcase. Tops, goggles, pyjamas, glasses, snacks all the essentials. you had finished when you got a text from the group chat.

~~~

D: Hey, who's up for a movie at mine tonight?

J: I'm down, anyone else? :D

W: Sure thing, usual time?

B: Yeah i'm there, Y/n? :P

Sorry guys, going on a little trip with work :(

D: Aw, when will you get back? :(

Uhh, probably Monday, so only the weekend! ^~^

W: Have fun, we'll have a marathon Monday night then >:)

B: You bet, have a safe trip :3

Thanks guys! <3

~~~

You put your phone off charge and took all your stuff to the front door and waited excitedly

You put your phone off charge and took all your stuff to the front door and waited excitedly. This would be a good break for you all, a chance to connect and relax, away from the paparazzi or any media. 

*Ding Dong*

You opened the door greeted by a smiling Joshua and Dino. You hugged them and they insisted on taking your bags, a woman can carry too you know! Oh well. Anyway, i went towards the little vans they had, there were two and they were both equally adorable. 

I went to the first, but it was too packed and they told me i'd be in the other van

I went to the first, but it was too packed and they told me i'd be in the other van. I smiled and waved them all goodbye, not seeing them for another couple of hours. I opened up the big door of the other one and looked around at my car-mates for the next couple of hours. Boo, Hoshi, Jun, Dino and no other than Mingyu~

The way the van worked was all the seats in the back could be folded, so it was a larger area to all sit. It was pretty futuristic, but looked vintage with an adorable teal/green paint. It looked smaller than it was on the interior, with fairy lights and a cozy feel. They all got out and started setting up the seats. It was Jun driving, next to him Boo. In the two middle seats were Dino and Hoshi and in the back sat Mingyu, an empty seat next to him. 

Jun: "You're fine in the back with Mingyu?" he was already in the drivers seat, turning the car on and checking everything.

Y/N: "Uhh-"

Boo: "Yeah, hurry up Y/n, i wanna get there!" leaving you no choice.

You climbed in, going between the seats until you reached the back. You set up and took your jacket off, making yourself as comfortable as possible, despite being next to the one man who never failed to increase your heart rate by 2121448594685094%. 

Boo: "Dibs on the music!"

Dino: "You always get it!" he whined

Hoshi: "Both of you shut up and just let Boo pick, its so much easier."

Boo: "Whats that supposed to mean?"

Jun: "It means you're EXTRA"

Boo: "Well EXCUSE mE-"

The boys continued to squabble amongst themselves, making you smile. But all the chat was completely drowned out when you felt a  warm hand on your leg. 

You froze.

Weeks of avoiding him, being blunt whenever he'd talk to you and always being AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from him. NOW THIS!? You couldn't comprehend what was happening and continued to look in front. Not knowing if you were dreaming, confused A CONCUSSION MAYBE!? Only when you felt his hand move literally only a centimetre up did you snap your head towards him. 

You caught his gaze and oh my god. You had almost forgotten how attractive he was. His eyes pieced your shaking soul. You felt every part of you alive again, your skin tingling, your heart beating heavy against your flaming skin and your cheeks flushed desperately for attention and his love. His strong facial stricture framed his perfect face elegantly. His mouth was slightly open, his breathing intensified and you already knew, he felt the same. 

Mingyu POV

I couldn't resist her. The way she looked at me, her eyes sparkling like they always did. She looked beautiful. Her soft features glowed in the fairy lights, extenuating her beauty. Her rosy prime lips stole all my attention and her overall aroma captivated me, drawing me in and killing me slowly. 

Y/N POV

A blurred murmur of music hummed in the background and your eyes were still focused on his lips. He started to lean in, you needed  this, you craved it and you desired his touch, just as he started to get closer a voice interrupted the movie moment. 

Hoshi: "aHEM, not here." he whispered harshly and you backed away embarrassed. 

Dino: "Y/n, what do you think about it?" he turned back to you and looked between you both.

"Mingyu, why's your hand there?" he had a puzzled face, meanwhile mine was burning violently. 

Mingyu: "Just wiping off some dust" he then motioned a 'dusting' gesture and Dino nodded, turning back around thankfully forgetting his question.  

Jun: "Lets hit the road!" he cheered happily, everyone returning a happy shout in return.

"That was close"

Those familiar words and familiar smile sent a familiar feeling in my heart.

~Love~