Part 25 - Newspaper Print

You both arrived at a little spot, discreet and not known to many. It overlooked a foggy lake, frozen over and the sharp winter air surrounding us. Sitting on the frosted grass in the freezing cold - you couldn't think of anywhere else you'd rather be.

Vernon: "What's going on Y/n?" a soft spoken voice chirped in your reddened ear.

Y/N: "It's complicated" 

Vernon: "Please, can't you trust me?" those words were tough and painful, you wanted to be honest but struggled to find the words.

"Who is it you love?"

The words struck your heart and the intimate feeling of loss contaminated your shattered heart. He didn't want you anymore, he wanted space, but you weren't ready to get go. How could he expect you to move on when your heart doesn't want to let go?

"Its not a member is it?"

You remind quiet, a habit from childhood. Avoiding confrontation and instead looking sheepishly, playing with the rock solid ground. 

"Which one?"

— — — 

As soon as you got home you collapsed onto the sofa. Vernon reacted, well he reacted surprisingly well. Well because he thought you were lying. You had pretended the whole thing was a joke and he easily believed you. Another problem left for another day. UHhhHhh. It was too much for your tired brain, so you swiftly but moodily washed your face and teeth before slouching down onto your unmade bed and drifting into a much needed slumber. 

~6:17am~

After hitting snooze countless times, you arose and sat up, kinda straight, kinda not. You looked at your bedside table and saw the reminder for the 'gym'. Hell, in other words. You had genuinely wanted to exercise more and with christmas approaching, it was a dangerous time. You pulled up your hair into a messy ponytail, dragged on some leggings, a sports-bra and a transparent tank top and grabbed some breakfast before catching the bus. It was quiet at this time, no one really out or doing much, only the sound of distant engines and sleep could be heard. You turned your headphones up and leaned your head against the bus window, sighing and taking in the peaceful city. 

When you arrived you dived right in. Luckily, there was no creepy men around or any distractions, so you could focus on your workout. All was going smoothly until your treadmill stopped, and you turned around only to be jumped at.

Daniel: "HEY" a loud voice echoed in your ear. 

Y/N: "Jesus Daniel, its too early for your irritableness, why are you even here?"  

Daniel: "Working on these bad boys" and he attempted to flex his arms and you only scoffed. 

Y/N: "My daughter had more muscles than you"

Daniel: "You don't have a daughter stupid"

Y/N: "Exactly" you mumbled before moving to another station.

After a while he left you, concentrating on how to pick up a weight correctly. His act was amusing, filling some warmth to your cold heart. Only for it to all be drained by the man leaning against the machine.