44

Adina

"Adina, Adina. Look at me, look at me!" Kronos bellows as he holds my head up. I smile at him weakly, my hand rises up. Shaking and trembling, blood smeared all over it. I cup his jaw with the palm of my hand.

"T-take it o-out," I wheeze, my eyes widening with the pain. Kronos looks at me, his face red as he's screaming around. Telling his guards to get me a doctor.

"Kronos." I call out, he looks at me. His hair was disheveled.

"Pull i-it out." I beg, he takes in a heavy breath. Violently shaking, his jaw clenched. Tears falling out of his eyes. He grabs the dagger and unsheathed it from my chest. I felt the warmth of my blood gush out from the wound.

five weeks before

"Queen Adina, please don't stress it might cause complications-" The emotion I was feeling lashed out. Cutting off the kind doctor.

"I've failed! I've failed, and failed again! Over how many times do I fail to keep my own child safe? More centuries?! Eons?!" Hot, heavy tears flow from my eyes as my face turns red.

"It's natural...and you're pretty far along. Five months already, the common carry for a vampire is five months, the most you'd have to wait is seven." The doctor sees I'm unconvinced. She sighs, gently pressing her hand on my knee.

"Don't make the child think it's a mistake...they can hear and feel everything you can." My heart broke at her words. I closed my eyes, the tears that had collected freed and ran down my cheeks.

"O-of course not..." I chocked out. I wrapped my arms around my tummy, trying to give it a hug. "No...never. I just...didn't want my baby in this position."

The woman smiled at me, her vibrant red eyes seeming kind. "Okay...let me get you some prenatal pills. You should take these every..."

I walked out of the private room, far from anyone who seemed to try and eavesdrop. Kronos hasn't noticed I was pregnant, apparently, as the doctor says, my baby is very quiet. The baby's heartbeat is strong and healthy but it seems when I get around Kronos my heartbeat is stronger since I'm nervous and covers up the babies.

I've obviously swollen up but thankfully not a significant amount. But I do get asked a lot, by the king himself, how'd my boobs get so big.

I walked slowly to the lobby where Evangeline was. "So...how did it go? Are you actually pregnant? Or have I been hearing things?" It actually wasn't Evangeline who was the first to know. Flo, my little sister, found it out.

She had pressed her hand over my belly playfully when she felt the kick.

"...yes." I said almost inaudibly. Her eyes widened in delight. She held in her squeals but still wrapped her arms around me and jumped a little.

"Yay! I'm so happy! I never thought I'd be happy about the king having a devil spaw-I mean a child but since your his mate i have hope this child will be an angel." Evangeline seemed to brighten my mood. And let me feel like it would be safe to feel happy about the joy that was growing in me.

"Thank you...I'm happy too." I spoke lightly, a weight being lifted off my chest.

We snuck back into the palace. Currently I was locked in the den where I used to sleep but now it was Flo's room. I double check if the door is locked, "Evangeline...you're still there right?" I mumbled.

"Yup! Keeping guard." She answered. I sighed and slowly walked to the mirror that was hung on the wall. I lifted the baggy shirt and turned to my side. I was growing more and more, the growth was so rapid red stretch marks are appearing over my skin. Even if the belly wasn't that big. It maybe stuck out six or five inches.

"How are we gonna tell your daddy about this?" I softly spoke, rubbing the hard bump with the palms of my hands.

"With a few kisses...and a 'I'm sorry for keeping your unborn first child away from you and myself for nearly three months' would be nice." I screamed. Whipping around to see Kronos on the edge of the bedroom. He didn't seem angry just...very annoyed.

I bursted into tears and slowly walked over to him with my head down, my hair in my face. "I-I-I-I'm so sorry!" I sobbed wrapping my arms and legs around him. He sighs and rubs my back and plays with my hair as I cry in his shoulder.

"Baby, why didn't you just tell me? I know you were scared but never, never leave the palace like that without a true trained warrior around you. I told you we will get through whatever gets thrown at us." He pulls me back so I hold look into his eyes.

I nodded my head. He looks down at the bump, lifting my shirt up gently. I blush as he leans down and presses a kiss to it. The baby already kicking and punching, dancing around in there.

I watched as Kronos' eyes lit up. "That's not hurting you right?" He asks seriously, quickly looking up at me. I giggled softly, grabbing his chin between my fingers.

I shook my head silently and pressed my lips down to his. "I'm sorry, please forgive me." I said with a tinge of playfulness.

He hums, his hand grabbed mine, he kept his lips on my knuckles. His eyes glanced up, "Okay, no more of this. Let's enjoy the thing growing in you." I nodded my head the bright smile I had on my lips slowly diminishing as I seemed to blur the surroundings around me.

The distant sound of Kronos smiling and talking to the hard belly, the faint feel of the baby responding to him excitedly.

I was zoned out, the one and only clear thought in my head was that I would not put my baby through what all my others had.

Id drag Natalia back to hell before she'd touch my baby. I was sure of that.

I hope you guys can forgive me omg omg omg it's been like twenty decades and I'm so sorry!!!! I went through a period of laziness that turned into doubt of my own work that turned in to hating my work that turned in to me deleting wattpad UGH it w...

I hope you guys can forgive me omg omg omg it's been like twenty decades and I'm so sorry!!!! I went through a period of laziness that turned into doubt of my own work that turned in to hating my work that turned in to me deleting wattpad UGH it was just too much but I'm back now and I'm staying!

by the way I'm actually creating a book where the main male lead is not a big piece of shit....he's a lil shit but!!!! it's a start lmfao anyways I hope y'all enjoyed this AND IM SO SORRY AGAIN