1-new world

Kaycee

Kaycee

-----------

If she were a color, she would be yellow.

The happiest color. Carefree, unafraid of individuality, and full of joy. That's who she was. That's what Kaycee Rice was all about. She kept to herself, had an soul that breathed dance, and a personality that made her anyone who met her fall in love with her. She wasn't unapproachable, but she had learned too much from watching people interact to get involved unless she was needed. She was friendly and she had a good inner circle, but she felt that there was more worth in 5 good friends than 50 so-so friends.

Her dancing was incredible. As a soloist she was extraordinary, as her flexibility and sharp movements were able to turn any choreography from a choreographer's dream in their heads to art on the dance floor, but the real magic occurred when she stepped out on the dance floor with her partner, Sean Lew. The two were a powerhouse when put together, as their undeniable chemistry left the floor flowing with all the emotion that naturally came out of them. If there were a way to capture the statement We just clicked, it would be their dancing. Their videos went viral, with his choreography and her moves and the way the two worked with each other, not around each other, and they rose to become Internet sensations.

Yet as much as she tried to live a normal life, paparazzi and fans and TV show appearances didn't exactly make it easy for her, and because of this and her intensive dance training, the Rices decided that homeschooling would be the best option for Kaycee. But the Lews, on the other hand, let Sean go in a public school. Partly because he was a boy and didn't get involved in drama, partly because Blue Valley High School had a stellar arts program where Sean could get in on the behind-the-scenes action and showcase his amazing knack for choreographing that was so uncommon for his age, and partly because they believed Sean was a down-to-earth kid who could handle himself on his own, and could find something other than dance to make conversation with.

However, with endless protests from Kaycee, the Rices decided to allow her to start high school at Blue Valley High in the fall. Sean would be enrolled there as a junior, they concluded, and he could watch out for her. And with the audition for World of Dance speeding up around the corner, the Rices figured that some interaction with kids her age wouldn't be the worst thing for Kaycee. Besides, if they made it past the Qualifiers, they would automatically be invited onto the WoD tour with the other acts.

So here she was. A fish out of water, with fame to her name to boot. She could see it already. Homeschooled famous freak takes a leap...and fails....will it transfer to her dancing? She swallowed the lump in her throat. Well. 

At least she had him by her side....