17-addicted to your love

Warning: a little mature, but here to move the plot along :)

Kaycee

________

Great. I was already here with a mild concussion, and Eva Igo, last year's runner-up, was back? "Kayc," Sean said, in a warning tone that said, Hey, I recognize the anxiety, but save it until it's just us, ok?  "We gotta go unpack," he said apologetically to the group, giving us an escape. "Nice meeting you all!"

Ashley and Zack gave us friendly waves goodbye, oblivious. Sean and I turned, and the second our backs were to them and Rosemary's was to us, I let out a huge exhale. "Eva Igo?! Sean!" I looked at him pleadingly. "We can't beat her."

"Kaycee, just hold on, ok?" he said, distracted. "Let's just get settled first, alright?"

I didn't like how he dismissed me. But he was probably right. Lest not get intimidated or give off a weak vibe to anyone else that could pass us. "You guys are right here on your right," Rosemary said, swinging open a door. "Thank you," I said through tight lips. I forced a smile, and felt Sean do the same. He was unusually tense, and it was filtering into me. 

"You guys should probably think about getting some rest," Rosemary said, gesturing to a piece of paper on the main set of drawers. "You have your first mentoring session tomorrow with Jenna at 10, and breakfast downstairs can be available starting at 6. There's optional yoga at 5:30, and there'll always be some sort of coffee downstairs. If you need anything, ring us! The rest of your schedule for the day is outlined clearly as you read further. We want to throw you right in, so you get used to how high-energy and fast-paced it'll be. Okay, guys?" she said, as our bags were presented to us. 

"I think we're good for now," Sean said, speaking for the both of us.

"Okay! See you tomorrow!" she said. "Try not to let that jet lag hit too hard, ok?" We forced laughter. She closed the door and scurried out.

"I'm sorry," he said instantly, pulling me close, giving me a signature "head hug" which was where he pulled my head close to his shoulders as he gave me his bear hug. If you asked me one thing I hoped I'd never lose ever, it was in that moment, had been, and forever will be, Sean Lew and his head hugs. "You know I worry when you get anxious. We just can't do it in front of other people, right?" he said, lifting my chin so my eyes met his. He stroked it and I tried not to get too caught up in his eyes. "Right."

"I worry about you, Rice," he said, sinking down on the bed close to the window. "Laura and Kylie aren't here to help you out, and neither is Will or Janelle or any of them, and if something happens to you, if you get an attack, I feel like it's my job, and even more so now that we're-"

I dropped my bags, moved to him with force, and kissed him. Two stars, burning with their fire, strong alone but stronger together, colliding and crashing, becoming one unit. "I love you," escaped from my lips. My arms roamed over his chest and his fingers were hot butterflies flittering on my skin. He groaned it back in my ear, his hands planted on my hips like they were made to fit on the curves. "I love you."