13-by your side

Sean

Sean

_________

"Will? Will? WILL!" I yelled when he answered the phone, keeping my phone in between my chin and chest as I bolted out in the parking lot. A light rain had started, but I barely noticed it, as I hurled my bag into the passenger seat, starting the car, and transitioning him to Bluetooth.

"You found out?" he said, sighing. "I knew they couldn't keep it from you for long."

"Why, Will?" I said, pulling out. "Why would you ever keep that from me?"

"She's your girl, Sean. It was no harmful intent. You know, ah-it's just difficult," he said, his voice breaking. Was he...crying? Now I was even more worried. "Is that Sean?" I heard Janelle in the background. Will told her it was. Then I heard him."Oh God, shit, tell him I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt her-"

"IS THAT HIM?" I screamed. "WILL YOU BETTER TELL ME WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE RIGHT THE HELL NOW!"

"Sean, calm down," Will said.

"I WILL NOT CALM DOWN IF HE IS WITH HER AND YOU AND I AM NOT! I AM HER GODDAMN BOYFRIEND AND HE HURT HER AND HE'S THERE BEFORE ME? ARE YOU INSANE?" I screamed at him. Will wasn't fazed by my tone or accusatory tone, but he was when I accidentally admitted the truth.

"Wait...Sean, you and Kaycee are a-"

"GET ME TO THE GODDAMN HOSPITAL. NOW."

"Shit, I'm sorry," he swore. "Okay, okay, Sean, hang with me man, not against me. Valley Trauma Center, on Ridgeville Pike. Big blue and white building, you know?"

"I know, I know, okay, thank you," I muttered, my fingers flying over the GPS as I typed it in and pressed it.

"Now get off the phone and get here safe. We don't need two hurt dancers."

"I'm getting there however fast I can," I snarled. "For every minute he's there and I'm not...damnit Will, she needs me."

"Correction," he said. "I'm hanging up after this because I don't trust you, Sean. Alexander and Matt already alerted me that you're a flight risk, you're angry, irrational, and most likely on your way and-"

"You don't trust me? Will, after how long?"

"I know, I know," he said, sighing. "And they've known you long too. But it's not secret of your feelings for Kaycee. I knew, but you just confirmed, and love makes you do crazy things."
"Craaaaazy," I heard Janelle say in the background, and Will forced a small laugh. "See, Sean? It's all gonna be alright. Just get here in one piece. That's what Kaycee needs." He disconnected.

***************VALLEY TRAUMA CENTER***************

I finally got up to the 9th floor, panting, as I ran up the stairs since the elevators were slow and the lines were too long. Janelle saw me first and came running over, linking her arm around my shoulder and leading me to their seat. I saw Laura and Kylie (Kaycee's mom and sister), Will, her agent, Mandy, and, of course, him. "Sean, sweetie," Janelle said. "Let me get you some water, maybe a bar or something?"