48-it's lonely at the top

Sean

Sean

_______

"Ready?" I asked her. Her head leaned up against mine so our foreheads were touching and my hands were on her shoulders. "I don't know," she answered. In that moment, she looked so small. Vulnerable. Tired. Stressed. Nervous. Fragile. I took a deep breath. "I do. We're going to be ok."

"Are you sure?" she asked me. I nodded and pulled her into a hug, kissing her forehead. I ran my hands over her hair reassuringly. "Hey, look at me." I tilted her chin up. "I love you. I'm proud of us. I believe in us. I believe in you."

"Ok," she said, fidgeting with her ring. I stopped her hands from running over the band and squeezed them tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too," she sighed, and her tiny arms went around my neck. I held her close. "Let's do this, alright? I love you no matter what. Remember that."

"Back at you," she said, and we headed out. 

Welcome to the stage, it's Sean and Kaycee.

We got into position, and launched into the routine. Kaycee's faces were on point, and we were more synchronized than we'd ever been. I was nervous, though. 

Feel the, feel the

You will never feel the 

Oh, the way I do

The water was streaming off of our every movement, the splashes being kicked up stirred only more adrenaline, and as I pulled her close for the end, the sexual tension could have been cut with a knife. Her eyes met mine hungrily and I fought every urge to kiss her right then and there. Compose yourself, Sean.

********************

Kaycee

_________

As the music died out and the cheers went wild, his voice came dark and husky. 

"We are definitely having sex later." 

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. And I was so for that.

But being me, I raised my eyebrow at him. "We'll see."

He lowly grunted under his breath and I tried not to faint. Composeeee yourself, Kaycee. "I'll see you in my bed later tonight."

Any second now, I was caving in. As the rain stopped, I stood and faced the crowd, my heart pounding in my ears. Oh God, someone save me. It was the best kind of falling, the kind where my heart was flying and I was rushing with adrenaline and glee, the kind where I didn't want to be saved, but like...I might die on stage. On live TV. Bad timing.

"Sean and Kaycee," Misty said, lowering her microphone, going first as she was the guest judge. "That was....sexy." I almost fell over. Misty Copeland, you know a lot about dance, but this is literally only the tip of the iceberg.  The other judges murmured in agreement. My face went hot. OH MY GOD, my mother was watching at home. With Kylie. But even worse, with Devon. OHHHHHH NOOOOO.