23-here comes trouble

AN: this is just such a cute picture, and i could totally see them doing this

also get ready for some tea to go down. most of this chapter will be setting the stage, but....

trigger warning: if scenes w assault, language, drug abuse/sexual abuse make you uncomfortable, go ahead and skip :) don't worry, i'm not going into crazy detail, but we're setting the stage for situations that unfortunately happen to teens everywhere way too much.

this will be a two part update, one now and one later tonight if all goes according to plan :)

The Next Day

Sean

_______

After a hard class, I stepped out of the studio, chatting with some guys from some Adult Teams, hip-hoppers from Mexico, Connection, and a contemporary group named Embodiment. With me was Jaxon Willard, who was a stud soloist in our division, who I knew from watching him was going to be tough competition. "You going to the Dancer party tonight?" Rudy, Embodiment's leader, asked me.

"What Dancer party?"

"The one NBC's hosting," Jaxon said. "It's on the roof tonight, and it's supposed to be really fun."

"I mean, I'll talk to Kayc about it, but I'm sure we'll end up going, if that's where everyone is," I said.

"Cool, man, see you there?" Jaxon said. I shook his hand. "Pleasure to meet you. See you guys there."

I was meeting Zack for a workout in a private Workroom because Ashley and Kaycee were in female-led classes for most of the afternoon. It was weird, training to compete for tomorrow without her, but we'd had all of yesterday and this morning, and it wasn't like we hadn't been practicing this routine for a long time now.

"What's up Sean?" Zack called, looking up from his phone as I entered the Workroom. "Hey," I said, setting down my stuff.

"How are you and Kaycee?"

"Good," I said, knowing I could be honest with him. When Ashley and Kaycee had gone to the spa after midnight last night after long sessions of practice, Zack and I had gotten some steaks and chatted about our relationships. It was nice to have one of the older duets looking out for us. I knew they were in our corner. "She's good."

"You gonna be at that party thing?" he said, standing up and stretching out his back.

"I think so. As long as Kaycee agrees."

"You know women can't stay away from a social gettogether," he joked and I laughed. "Truer words have never been spoken. How's Ashley?"

"Nervous," he said, "But we have each other, and we're pulling through."

"You'd be crazy not to be. I am too, and I know she is, but I don't think either one of us wants to say anything. I guess it makes it less real somehow?"