31-i'll be there for you

Sean

Sean

_______

I sprinted down to where Kaycee was last reported seen, desperately searching for her red coat among the masses. I felt horrible. If she did think she was pregnant, she didn't feel comfortable enough to get me....? I would've skipped any class, any audition, any role, anything for her. Whether it was me who could've been to the father or not, it was Kaycee we were talking about, not the guy who it could've been. I wanted to be there for her because she meant the world to me. I checked my phone and saw an text from Sarah.

Sarah: SEAN CHARLES LEW WHAT THE HELL? KAYCEE'S PREGNANT? MOM IS SO MAD RN. WAY TO NEVER BE ALLOWED TO GO ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN.

Me: I have no idea. She hasn't said anything. I feel like I'd know tho...

Sarah: u have ab three seconds before mom loses her shit. i'd suggest calling her when u find out.

Then my phone pinged. @/charlescaitlinlove: <kaycee rice spotted on the subway, then a thrift store? she really IS the people's person!!> I follow the geotag, my head down, running, until I collided with a girl who was running, looking behind her. I collapsed on top of her, bracing myself for the impact. "Sean?" I came face to face with a red coat. 

"Kayc!" I cried, standing up, brushing myself off, and extending my hand to her. But as I pulled her up, it wasn't Kaycee. The dark brown eyes that stared back at me weren't hers...."Eva?" I asked, shaking my head in confusion. "Where the hell is Kaycee and what's happening?" 

"We switched places so she could exit without the paps doing any more damage than they already did," Eva said grimly, pulling me down the alley while news vans sped past. "Can you please tell me what's going on?" I asked, once we were in the clear. She shook her head and ducked her head out. "We just need to get back to NBC, and Kaycee can take it from there."

"Was she buying a pregnancy test?" I massaged my head, as a migraine was coming on. Eva swallowed. "She was."

"Was it for her?" My voice came out strained. 

Eva bit her lip and nodded. I slid down the brick wall of the alley. "I could've killed her career. I could've been so selfish and not used protection....that I ended up hurting her forever."

"Sean," Eva said lightly. "It's going to be ok, alright? Let's just go back." I couldn't do anything but follow her as we took back routes (Eva was an expert from spending so much time at the Joffrey School of Ballet and Julliard) that eventually landed us at the NBC campus. We ran through the revolving doors, and I yanked off my hat and dashed up to the stairs, not bothering to wait for the elevator. I passed Rosemary, and heard her say "Where's he going in all a hurry?", but I ignored her. Eva sidled up and I heard her changing the conversation behind me, leaving me to find Kaycee myself. As I flew up the stairs, thoughts raced through my mind. Guilt and shame of course, but no regret. I didn't regret doing anything Kaycee and I had done, and I only could hope that she didn't either.