49-hawaii

AN: there's a time skip here, but it's so worth it

AN: there's a time skip here, but it's so worth it. at least i think so :)

Kaycee

___________

World Finals? I don't know her. Kidding. I do, very well, actually. Like I'm going to be competing in two weeks for the title of Best in the World, yeah, I know her. But right now? That matters not. Right now, I was laying in the most comfortable bed I'd ever been in, next to my favorite guy. My handsome prince. Teehee. Not to mention, we were in Hawaii. Life couldn't get better. I, Kaycee Rice, was officially on hiatus. 

************Flashback**********

It had been a hell of a run. After last night's altercation with Josh, I wasn't really sure how things were going to play out. Sean had seemed okay, but he was really good at pretending to be strong. When he didn't have to be. Of everyone there was to brave-face, I didn't think I should be one of them. I told him so. He took my hand. "I'm so done with this."

"Here? Or just this in general?" my voice quivered.

"In general," he sighed. We watched the city skyline again, both cold in the nighttime air from way up on the roof, but neither wanting to move. It was our own, isolated slice of paradise. We had all we needed.

"We could fly home," I said, squeezing his hand. "Right?"

"I was thinking somewhere better." Of course. Naturally, I should have known. Mr. Lew never went two steps out of his own door in L.A. without a full plan, outlined from start to finish, with three backups, three possibles, and an overwhelming list of maybes. Classic. "Well, what do you have in mind? You know I'll go anywhere with you."

"Here me out," he said. He took my hand and turned to face me. His big eyes beseeched mine as the single word left his frosted lips and vanished into the thin air. "Hawaii."

"Hawaii?"

He reached into his pocket and withdrew a single ticket. My face fell. "Oh. I'm sure you'll have a great time there. Send lots of pictures. I'll be," I said, trying to hide my disappointment as I shifted back to facing the city, "Here." So this was how it felt when I almost left him at Christmas.

"Not so fast," he said, catching my hand. He flicked the ticket so now there were two. "I'm not going anywhere without you."

**************Present Day*************

And here we are. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, taking in the glass sliding doors of our room and the sparkling blue sea that was cast out right beyond us. The sand was a sparkling pearly white, the rocks wet by the kiss of the ocean, the sea breeze gently swaying the vibrant palm trees. Flowers were everywhere, as far as the eye could see. A few birds flew over the ocean, and the sun was rising slowly, spilling light and radiance onto every corner of what I could see. A pebbled pathway led right from our door to the sand of our own private beach, Dolphin Cove. He'd really thought this all through. Our room in it of itself was stunning. Last night, both dead from cross-country jet-lag, we'd stumbled in and collapsed on the bed, barely awake long enough to brush our teeth and change, but now that I saw it in daylight, I was amazed. I wondered how much it had cost. It must've been a fortune. The fresh hardwood floors, the small kitchen stocked with food, the fresh pineapple in the bowl by the couch, the huge TV, the glass walls that lead out to a private beach, this was next-level. It was truly perfect.