6-i'll take care of you

Hi: Disclaimer obviously so far, I don't own them or anything from ImmaSpace, obviously that's all super real!! Also no pics are mine hahah I'm not that tech savvy :) I hope you're enjoying it! Promise Seaycee will exist very very soon :) maybe even in this chapter mwaahahha

Sean

_______

Kaycee paced the living room of my house. She had told Kylie the situation, knowing she wouldn't say a word, and thankfully, her sister had been able to finesse us getting out of my class at ImmaSpace, her later classes, and her mom coming to give her a ride. Kylie had driven to get us and my bike, and deposited us both at my house, where Kaycee had gone into a frenzy. I had laid down on the couch under her direction, and any time I tried to close my eyes she would snap her fingers and said "No, Sean, stop it," all upset. 

"I'm not gonna die, Kayc, you know that, right?"

"Shut up," she said, waving her hands. I opened my mouth, but thought better of it. I felt like shit. "You look it too," she said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Wha?" I groggily asked her.

"Talking out loud when you think it's just in your head again," she said, cracking a worried but still there half-smile.

I nodded and leaned back. Kaycee inhaled deeply, closed her eyes, cracked her back, and walked over the couch and sat down beside me. "Okay, here's what we're gonna do," she said gently, her fingers running over mine. I breathed in and tried to settle down, trying not to flinch at her touch. "Hey hey hey," Kaycee breathed. "It's ok. Just let me work my magic, k?"

"K," I said, forcing the word out as she slowly lifted my shirt to reveal to split open cut on my side that hurt like hell. "OhGodohGodohGodohGodohGod-SHIT OW DAMN WHAT THE HELL IS THIS KAYCEE CAITLIN RICE I SWEAR GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME-"

"Hey hey hey!" Kaycee said again, gripping my arm as I moaned in pain. "Sean, it's okay. I'm right here. Settle down. She gave me her left hand to squeeze as she ran a cold cloth over the blood, going as gently as she could. When she hit a nick and her arm faltered, she instantly squeezed my hand reassuringly. I knew she felt my flinch. "I'm sorry, I'm trying," she said aloud, although I'm not sure who it was to, herself or me.

I tried to relax as her smooth, tiny hands ran over my damaged body. "That's good, Sean, breathe," she said. I reached for the water glass she'd given me when she gave me some anti-inflammatory pills from her bag (side note: if I were deserted on an island, Kaycee Caitlin Rice's dance bag > anything else), and she stopped my hand. "Hey," she said again, moving my hand back to keeping the icepack on my head. "I got it." She lifted it off the table and handed it to me. 

"I'm not helpless you know," I said. I knew I was picking a fight but I wasn't sure why I couldn't stop myself from doing it. What the hell, Lew? Every voice inside my body screamed it, but I was angry. I just couldn't stop watching her move as she nursed me, I couldn't get my eyes off of the horrible bruise that I had made. I hurt her. And I was hurting her by making her stay here and do this (she hates blood) and miss her dance training.

"Sean, you're my best friend," she said, not stopping what she was doing. I yanked the washcloth from her hand and threw it across the room. She stopped and gave me a confused look. "What the hell?"

"Get out. Just leave."

"Sean, what's wrong? Did I hurt you?"

"No, just-just go. I don't need to be treated like I'm a kid."

"I-I-I'm not," she said, taken aback. "I mean, I'm not trying to." Tears filled her eyes. 

"Just go, Kaycee."

"No," she said, pushing back. "I'm not leaving you like this."

"What do you not understand about GO?" I roared, going from 0 to 100 instantly. I knew immediately it was the wrong decision. 

"Fine," she said. "Forget it."

"Let me at least show you out," I said, attempting to get up.

"No," she spat. I could tell she was hurt. Why the hell did I keep doing this? "I'm not a child."

My own words slapped me across the face. "Kayc," I said, but not before I had to slam myself against the ceiling bolster to keep steady. Kaycee heard the noise and angrily turned on her heel to face me. I felt woozy and I swayed, accidentally letting go of the bolster. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa," Kaycee said, dashing to my side and putting my good side's arm around her back. "I got you." In one movement, she dropped her backpack and dance bag to the floor, and steadied me. "Come on, Lew," she said tiredly. "I don't think I should leave just yet. But you gotta work with me if you want me gone."

For the next hour or so, she didn't speak. She had at first carried a folding chair up three flights of stairs to the shower so I could hold it to keep stability while getting clean, because I was, well, for lack of better words, disgusting, and then she waited patiently as we climbed the stairs together, inching our way up, one sudden burst of strength after another. I could tell she was struggling, so I did my best to pull my own weight, but I had to face it, I needed her there. I hated that I was physically hurting her, but she never once complained. Once we got up, she walked me to my bedroom, where I slowly got down to my boxers and Kaycee cut away my shirt with scissors she'd found in Sarah's crafting corner. "Sorry," she said, not meeting my eyes as she stripped away the final few bits of fabric so I didn't have to lift the shirt over my head. 

"Where'd you learn all this, Dr. Rice?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood. I felt horrible for how I'd lit up at her. It wasn't her. It never was. She was the only person I took it out on, though. Even if it was never intended to be her. I gave her one million reasons to give up. But Kaycee Rice found a million to stay. I'll never understand them, hell, I can't even think of one, but I was damn lucky she did. She didn't even make a movement to show she heard me. After a minute of silence, she exhaled and stood up, wiping her hands on her knees and placing the scissors on my dresser.

"Duh. Mom's a nurse."

How could I have forgotten? I wasn't sure if anything I could say would make it better, so I just stumbled to the bathroom. As I got into the shower and leaned on the folding chair, the hot water stung my cuts. I grit my teeth. "Gah," I said aloud when it seeped down from my hair into my side. 

"Sean?" Kaycee's voice floated through the door. "You alright?"

"Yeah," I said, clenching and unclenching my fist. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"O-ok," she said, but she didn't sound convinced. I heard her sigh, but there was a hesitation, and no footsteps following. I smiled slightly at the fact that Kaycee was waiting right outside my bathroom door.

It's not everyday you find a girl that loves you like that, Sean Lew.