34-fallout

Kaycee

Kaycee

________

We became dependent on each other. Fiercely. After the Duels, we were always with each other, always talking if we weren't with each other, and desperately trying to move others out of our way to see each other. It seemed fine, and I was happy. I thought he was, too. Our dancing improved, our media relations improved, our grades from school were improving as we did our extended absence work together, everything seemed fine. My dancing had never felt better, that was one thing I was certain of. We were both consumed in everything around us in our worlds that they started to become each other's, and we started to become each other's. I started feeling guilty when I didn't go to Josh and Taylor's first masterclasses that they taught during Duels round 2 so I could go out with Sean (even though I'd promised Taylor I would), and I felt a twinge of guilt when Melanie asked me where I'd been, since I'd blown off some hip-hop classes I should've been in so I could FaceTime him while he was in between his classes. But I had Sean and he still believed in me, and I still felt good, so I didn't feel like it was anything to worry about.

Until the little things started adding up. A note came under my door one morning saying that Sean had requested for us to have separate managers. I would be getting a new rep named Kelsi. My stomach flipped a little bit when I read the words. What did that mean? But I brushed it off. If he wanted to tell me, he would tell me. And I knew I could ask him directly and he'd tell it to me straight. Then came the altercation with Taylor.

*****FLASHBACK, TWO DAYS AGO*****

I was sitting with Sean, sipping coffee as we sat on the roof, watching the New York life bustle on behind us. "I keep feeling like there's something I have to be doing now," I said, swirling my straw. "But I don't know what it is."

"That's not good," he chuckled, leaning back on his elbows. "Any guesses to what it could be?" I shook my head. "Not a clue." I picked up my phone to check my calendar. "Crap! I don't have my wifi turned on, oh God, what if I missed something?" I said, panicked. Sean looked at me, but said nothing. I quickly tapped onto Settings and fixed it, and my phone suddenly exploded with notifications.

17 text messages from Taylor <3

Kayc, are you coming?

You said you were! We did the routine yesterday!! Girl, I need my partner to assist

Kaycee? Are you there?

Did I do something?

Kaycee, class starts in two mins. i really need to know where you are.

kayc, not cool. you've done this a lot.

i'm holding off class for a little longer to give you time.

i guess you're not coming. next time i'm not asking.

My breath caught in my throat. I'd promised Taylor that I'd help her assist in WoD's on-campus classes taught by the acts to the public who registered today....and I'd blown her off accidentally for a coffee date with Sean. "Sean, I screwed up. Big time. I have to go. See you for dinner?" I said quickly, picking up my bag and calling out the words over my shoulder.