12-finding out

Sean

Sean

_______

Once I got into class and got warmed up, I was feeling better, but still not as great as before. I still loved what I was doing, don't get me wrong, but not having Kaycee, it sucked. I was finally letting the worries go away and feeling the music, when Janelle ran in, looking really distressed. As a dancer who was more like part of the family than just a student at ImmaSpace, I immediately stopped what I was doing and watched her. They weren't having an argument because 1) they were Mama and Papa Beast, they never fought, and 2) like a real mom and dad, they knew never to fight in front of the kids. But Janelle was heated about something, and she was very emotional, tears in her eyes, using her hands to power her words....something was wrong. You could tell that even if you hadn't know them for longer than a day. Will dropped his mic he used to project to the class (it was a big room and a filled class) and it clattered on the floor. Janelle ran out of the room, dialing her phone and speaking frantically to whoever was on the other line. "XANDER! XANDER! RIGHT NOW!" he yelled, waving his arms. Alexander stopped what he was doing and ran to Will. Will ripped his phone off of the charger and the music was killed, and everyone stopped what they were doing. I was feeding off them, and I didn't even know what was wrong. 

"Yo, guys, what's up?" Matt said worriedly, arriving beside me. Will ran his hands through his hair, pacing the floor. 

"Will, what's wrong?" I said, trying to get through to him. 

"Oh...my God....oh my...oh my God...." Will said, unable to calm down. Alexander put a hand on his shoulder to try to comfort him, but Will immediately pulled away from his grasp. "Will, come on, talk to us," I said, as Alexander and Matt pulled away from the group. The two men gasped, and Will grabbed his windbreaker, laced his shoes and ran out. "Guys, I gotta go. Class is postponed due to a medical emergency. If you need something or a ride, talk to a senior dancer or an instructor. I'm sorry guys, I hate for it to be this way, but I-I gotta go." And without another word, he left, slamming the door.

Will always keeps an open door.

What could've gotten him so messed up? And Janelle? They're like, the embodiment of calm, cool, and collected. That's their mantra, and that's why they're so successful with producing show pieces and competition team dancers: they raise us to be forceful, but always keep a straight face, and to rarely break a sweat under pressure, but always break a sweat because of the work intensity.

The dancers, all sensing how uncharacteristic Will and Janelle's scene and exit were, slowly cooled down and packed up their stuff, chatting amiably in groups as they rehydrated and filed out of the room. I stayed behind to talk with Matt and Alexander, to see if they were willing to work a little longer, to wait for Kaycee for lunch (it was around 11:45 anyway), and to talk about what was going on. I wondered if Kaycee knew.

I headed to the hall to refill my water bottle in one of those Eco-Friendly water bottle refillers or whatever (that Janelle convinced Will to finally install, but he said privately to me, Alexander, and Matt that he saw ZERO need for it and saw it as a waste of money, but that Janelle (and Kaycee, side note) adored for some reason?), and when I got back, Alexander and Matt were talking in hushed tones, and stopped when I got in.