Chap 4: A pure mistake

Our heart is the greatest cheater in the world, it makes thousands different excuses to stay in touch with the people we love.
(Love quote)

•••••••••

"Miss Monroe," I was startled by the obvious arrogant guy. I hate how my name sounds from his mouth, like he just spit it carelessly.

"Yes boss," I almost yelled back. I'm crazy I know cause I don't expect him to call me any other name.

"Come," he demanded with this bossy tone and for a moment I was wondering what the hell he wanted to tell me.

I just stood and went to his office for the second time today closing the door after me. I was here few minutes ago to remind him of his meeting. That's a job of a secretary, to remind an adult whose brains are working that he has to do this and that. And I get paid, sounds weird though.

I didn't take a seat as I just waited for my C.E.O to welcome me first, you know, kind of respect. But honestly he becomes too rude to be respected, only that his social standards demand so.

He has this habit of pretending his computer or phone is so important and he may keep you standing for a full minute. Like what I'm doing right now.

I became idle after some seconds and I found myself staring at him. His handsome body never cease to attract me, like my heartbeat raced crazily whenever I happen to look at him. He is always insanely attractive even though his heart is that of a bitch.

"I wanted to tell you that we have twenty minutes to be at the meeting." His voice broke away my thoughts. Wtf!

"We,?" I asked wondering what the hell he meant.

"I definitely knew that you were in another world when I was busy listing the roles you are expected to take. Seems you didn't read after I gave you the list either." He seethes annoyed.

"I read, " I retaliated with a scowl. I don't want to act as if I care, but honestly I can't remember him saying such a thing.

"Now you know, and don't talk to me like that, I can fire you right now. " he croaked threateningly.

Do it

I almost shouted back. Who does he think he is ?

"I clearly told you that I've never heard such a thing, " I sneer basically feeling my anger and I knew I had to control it. I just crossed my arms into my chest as I took a deep breath to cool my temper.

"That's because you have never been a personal secretary of a C.E.O." He blurts suddenly hitting the table slightly with his phone. I don't give a damn he can get annoyed or whatever he wants.

"You're bragging too much, " I found my mouth through with the words. That must have come from my dumb heart.

He looked at me with this hurt as I saw pain gush back and forth in his eyes. He stared at me as if I grew another head as I just ignored his eyes and looked at the roof.

"You know who you're talking to ?" his entire face and body spoke with extreme anger.

"Ja.mal Jo.nes, " I snigger spacing his name in an annoying tone. In all honesty I didn't care. I just pressed my lips into a tight thin line angrily giving him time.