Chap 5: perfect together

It hurts when we risk our hearts and it end up broken..but what hurts most is when we still hold on..when we already know we are waiting for nothing.

                 ••°••°••°••°••

I collapsed on my bed stripping from my clothes. Let me say it was a hectic day.

I think I should write this on my book of memories. First of all I almost lost my job, I kissed my boss and he obviously rubbed the kiss off by apologizing.

I sat on my bed crossing my legs in a pretzel position as I took my book slowly writing everything. I wanted to get rid of the memories and that was the only thing that can help me.

I checked my phone realizing it was four , I didn't go back to the office after the meeting. I just headed home. I was tired of everything that happened and I wanted to relax my throbbing head.

I took my laptop to keep myself busy as I waited for my sister to arrive.

My phone vibrated on my night stand and I slowly took it checking the caller ID. Unknown.

I sighed softly and received the call ignoring my thousands thoughts.

"Hey Huddah, " a masculine voice greeted.

"Hey too, " I said pursing my lips.

"In case you're wondering, it's me, Kevin, " he chuckled making me sigh relieved.

"I didn't know it's you, " I blurts having no words to say.

"Are you free, " he asked nervously. Wtf! I knew he was hiding something since I started working and obviously I was prepared for such words.

"M.m.h yeah, " I stuttered pretending not to have expected such. I'm a pro when it come to faking things. But honestly I'm idle and my day was not the best, maybe he can make it end awesomely than it started.

"Wanna stroll around with you, maybe take snacks together ?"

"Not a bad idea, "

"I'm picking you ten minutes from now, don't ask me how I know your place, cause I just happen to know, " he joked making me smile.

"Okay pro, " I said chuckling a little.

"A petname already ?" He said giggling as well.

"It suits you, " I laughed as I let him hung the phone call.

I rummaged on my closet wondering what I should wear. I just picked my ripped jeans and my favourite black tee-shirt that had 'Don't mess with me' words written at the back.

I'm a grownup lady but honestly I love clothes with messages.

I took my black loafers and was already to meet him. I hope I'm not that bad.

I picked a paper and wrote something on it.

I will be out for some time.

I knew my sister will arrive some minutes from now and I didn't want her to panic. She is used to me whenever she arrives home.

I locked the door and went out as a car pulled at our gate. Just on time.