Chap 35: Jamal pov part 2

Love isn't something you can fake.

           *******

Play this song as you read 'I like it like that' Cardi B ft Bad Bunny

"You're so silent , " Vera noted as she drove on the street of the big Nairobi city. My mind was really concentrating on many ambigous things and I just happened to forget that she is still here with me.

"I just have nothing to say, I'm disturbed, " I said slouching deeper on my seat as I pushed all the terrifying thoughts away. I should relax or else I will open the door and run all the way to my innocent beautiful secretary's  home. I'm trying to figure where she is and gosh the conclusions I'm making are slowly killing me. I just hope that she is on her bed asleep. Else.....

I felt so empty and the gaping hole in me was so huge. One hour thirty minutes since I left her. I'm just fucking counting cause I can't keep my mind off her for a minute. She is really occupying my mind without even trying.

"Baby!" I was snapped again and this time I closed my eyes and took a long breath.

"Yes, " I responded pushing the thousands thought at the back of my mind for the millionth time.

I damn miss Huddah. Oh my....literally I can't survive without her.

"Are you okay ? I mean you're really zoned, " she said entering  the driveway to one of her many houses. It's like a month since I stepped here, many things have been happening between us and we have been apart for long. Didn't miss her anyway! Damn me!

"I'm okay, just the shit with my company disturbing me , " I partly lied as she parked the car.

"Let's go, " she said stepping out. I blinked rapidly before joining her to the house. I was extremely uncomfortable, I mean she is my fiance but everything was getting awkward as days passed by. I don't feel how I used to feel towards her. Maybe I hate her ,the hell she has made me cross was really difficult and nothing can make me change my mind.

We entered in her beautiful sitting room. Something was different.

"Changed the furniture's ?" I asked moving around the room enjoying the new furnitures in the room. I think complimenting her was the least thing I could do to her right now.

"They are beautiful ?"

"Yeah ,nice white colour, " I said sitting on one of the coaches.
She walked and sat beside me putting her hand on my shoulder. All this time I was restraining myself from throwing her hand away.

"I'm glad you like it, " she said and pressed her lips together looking at the roof. She must be thinking about something. "You know I heard what the two of you guys were discussing, " she said and my heart sunk. I know I don't care about her but she should not have heard such shits you know.

She turned my face towards her making sure her eyes were locked with mine. I didn't know what she was thinking by now, obviously she must be hurt.

"Say something Jamal, you really hate me ? " she complained and I could see her eyes struggling to hold back tears. I think I should not hurt her this early. Let me say something. I laid her head on my chest taking one of my hand at her back and rubbed her soothingly. I looked at the roof looking for words to say. I should lie at least this once.

"I don't hate you Vera, " I said and felt the irony of the words I said. I didn't know one day we will sit here as I tell her lies because it's hard to confess the truth. Maybe I should but time not yet.