Chap 24: I really needed that!

Your smile make me breath afresh everyday. Do it more for me to live longer.

                         •••°•••°•••°•••
Play this song as you read 'These Days' by Rudimental featuring Jess Glynn.

My heart was aching for something and as sure as hell I didn't know what it was that I so much wanted. Just kidding but I had mixed feelings and it was hard to know which one overwhelmed me most. I had nervousness, anxiousness, fear and missments all wrapped together.

I didn't know how to behave or act in front of him, like what the hell should  I do ? Hug him, kiss him or just act numb until he does it. That's why I hate having strong feelings towards people, it literally makes you crazy and brings this cloudy confusion.

Maybe I'm over thinking about the whole shits or so I thought.

Whatever

I just looked at my tight black pin skirt and a blood red silk blouse. My heels were red and black but not much high hence I had the comfort I needed. I felt as if the way I dressed was meant to impress someone as I kept looking at myself all the damn time.

"Huddah, " I heard as  I stepped from the elevator.

Turning I saw Kevin pasting a smile and I knew somehow he was faking it, obviously mad at me.

"Yes Kevin, " I spoke softly walking towards him. I wanted to avoid any problem as much as I can. If it means I act cool then be it.

I had to hurry though cause I didn't know where my boss would be. He had told me how this thing of Kevin and I pisses him. I had sensed jealousy and definitely I didn't want to piss him further.

"You ditched me at the party, " he  complained his hands pocketed.

"I had many things to do Kevin, I didn't do it intentionally."

"Oh Huddah ,you don't trust me anymore, right ?" His voice was slightly raised and I had to calm him.

What if my boss comes and find us here shouting ? Kevin rarely shout and I realised he must have been really mad.

"I trust you , okay ?" I said hurriedly getting impatient. I hate all of this but I know it's all my fault. Shit! I had to be good to  him.

"You don't , just sugarcoating. I mean you can't let me know that you even sing ? "He huffs taking a pause to find the right words. I just hummed unable to say anything. "To make matters worse you just sing with my cousin ? And I didn't know!" He croaked.

Shitty things have been happening in my life and I know I deserve all this blame.

"I wanted to tell you sooner but our relationship had been not the best for the last week, " I softly spoke trying all my best to avoid shouting.

"Okay,  I'm trying to understand everything but please don't hide anything from me, at least not again, " he whispered making me heave a sigh of relief.

"Okay, " I faked a smile and thankfully he smiled back.

"See you lunchtime, " he said hugging me abruptly and walking away.

I entered my office and inhaled and exhaled severally to try and bring my heart in it normal rate. I regret entertaining Kevin. I don't know how I will make him forget about me. It will be hard to confess that I have feelings for another guy, and not any other person but my boss.