Chap 32: News

I will stand next to you all the time.

                        •••°•••°•••°•••
Play this song as you read. 'Wake me up' by Avicii

We sat comfortably  inside the slightly bigger room in the hotel waiting for Mr Robinson. I could see Jamal fidgeting on the seat as he kept looking at his watch now and then.

"He is seven minute late, " he noted looking at his watch again.

"Don't worry, he will be here any minute from now, " I mumbled encouragingly realizing that he felt like losing hope when in real sense we have been here for only ten minutes.

"You know he is my main supplier, all the brand new vehicles and parts we get every time come from him,  a slight mess up of things and everything will crush, " he said panicking.

"I don't think he will fail us, " I softly spoke rubbing his shoulder.

"I will try and be patient but everytime we have a meeting with him something shitty happens,  " he said taking his phone out.

"I'm here, " I rolled my eyes not believing my words. I mean I can't help him in anything even if I was willing to. I said for the sake of saying anyway.

Fortunately to us the guy entered holding a big tablet. He wore a navy blue jeans and a white buggy T-shirt. He didn't look like the guy we expected and it was ironical as my boss was in a black suit ,a blue long sleeved shirt and a black tie.  He smiled taking the opposite seat. He didn't look fierce as I expected but I could feel my boss smiling uncomfortably beside me.

"Sorry ,I kept you waiting, " he apologized shaking our hands.

"Don't worry, we are okay with it, " Jamal said and pressed his lips together.

"Your new secretary ?" He ask looking at me. I smiled as I saw Jamal nodding. "I wanted us to talk about something serious, my brother called me." He said in a serious tone looking at my boss.

"Yes we can talk about it, " my boss responded pocketing his phone. I've never seen him this nervous but today it was all clear.

"Our company has been successful for the last twenty years and we have been trusted by many countrys in Africa. We have been shipping classic things here and I'm glad because your company has been the best and you always buy more  each month and that's what made me to talk to you first." He paused looking at my boss who was listening at everything keenly.

"I'm glad you chose to come here first, " my boss said hesitantly. Something felt wrong.

"Things have not been well and we are having many problems and I don't know how we will tackle this thing. We may terminate our contract with some companies and I don't know which we will chose, " I panicked at his words and I realised why Jamal was this disturbed.

"Oh, " he said shutting his eyes and I was afraid he may  overreact in this. "I don't know what to say about this Mr Robinson, I mean you know you're my main supplier and incase anything fail here then my company will be no more." He said chastened and I knew he was controlling his bitter emotions. Probably he will curse when we move out of this place.

"I know Mr Jones , but we have not decided which company we will terminate our contract with, that's why I came to you first. "

"I don't know how I will run this company anymore if we end things with your company, " my boss said with a tired and weak voice. Another problem added on his list and I know handling all of them will take him all his time and energy.