Chap 22: Jamal's Pov

Of all the lies you told me, 'I love you' was my favourite

                    •••°•••°•••°•••

Play this song as you read 'wake me up' by Avicii

My whole life is fucked up and I don't know what to do with it, I mean I can lie to my body but not to my damn heart. I've done it severally and it's like I won't do it anymore.

Enough of enough!

"Are you alright ?" My fiance snapped me from my thousands thought. The door was being opened for us and we entered still ignoring her question.

I wish it's another sweet melodious voice asking me that question. I would not hesistate to answer her , even if it was to be my last breath. I would spend it responding to her.

"Baby, are you okay ?" She mutters sulkily.. I know she is asking for the sake of it. Still pretending I didn't hear her ,I threw my tired body on the bed taking a long sigh.

I heard her cough and I knew I had to answer her. Fucking Vera!

"Just tired, " I lied but it was partly true. Everything was tiring and I felt like sleeping until tomorrow midday.

"It doesn't seem like you are just tired ," she answered sullenly but chastened and I knew what will follow. This is our routine, we always have many things to fight about.

Her smirk marks the start of a war and I didn't feel like fighting today.

I removed my shoes throwing them away. I wanted to ignore her so as to avoid shouting at each other but the way she held her hips showed the opposite.

"Jamal just scream it ,say you hate me. "

See. This is what I'm trying to avoid by all means but she has to forcefully drag me into it. I turned my face away from her pretending to be sleepy.

"I know you hate me , I can see it from the way you treat me, " she yelled and I had to stop her else everything will be heard out there. We were doing a pretty job acting like people in love and by now I was getting tired of this thing between us.

I stood and took her hand nicely trying to calm her temper down.

"Let's us sleep please, I don't hate you, " I begged her but she just stared at me with hateful eyes. This is the problem with ladies you can never fake anything.

"Is this how you used to treat me few months ago ? By now you would be allover my body but today you can't even hold my hand when we are alone, " she sniffed. Damn I didn't know she will cry easly. I'm almost forgetting all about her. She can hurt too.

Trust me she is the cause of all this, she regularly cheat on me with her manager and I'm damn tired forgiving her.

"Because someone else does it for me , " I swallowed hard and squinted my eyes at her, trying to be more intimidating. I know I've pushed her over the edge but I don't care. Enough of faking this shits. She deserve it.

Her eyes pierce with anger but I forced my gaze away from her.

My heart was broken but slowly and secretly someone is mending it.

"I no longer cheat on you, I made that clear to you lastweek, " she responded still her tears streaming down her face. I didn't even make a step of holding her cause my heart was aching and in no time it may burst in my chest. I have a gaping hole in me, I have to do something to dull this ache in me. Only one girl can fill this hole but damn, everything is complicated.