Chap 43: Party part 1

•••°•••°•••°•••
Play this song "No broken heart" by Nicki Minaj ft Bebe Rexha

"You look hot girl, " Noti exclaimed hugging me tightly. I was in a white dress that barely hid my thigh. My mom had complained about it before we came but I had no choice as it was Tanya's and Noti's idea.

"Our birthday girl doesn't look bad either, " I said loving the way her blood red dress hugged every part of her body lovingly. She had her black stilletos that made her tall than she was already. Always the smartest here.

"Wanna hug the birthday girl ?" Tanya asked giggling behind me. We had just arrived to the big Serena hotel. Yeah, the most expensive hotel in this huge Nairobi city. Everything was super cute here and it was lovely and lively. People were streaming in the big secluded room and by the look of it it was either you were rich or a celebrity for you to get in.

"Of course I think we are already friends, " Noti said walking to her and engulfed her in a sweet hug. "Welcome to this party, " she said hugging mom, Terry and sis as well. She took my hand and lead us in.

Did I tell you guys how nervous I am ? Yeah, I'm a hundred times nervous than I was at the last party. Don't guess the reasons why I am cause I will prove you wrong. Thumbs up guys for misleading you.

As a matter of fact I was trying my best to keep my face normal cause I found myself tensing at everything. Maneuvering through the people we made it to the front where our friends were standing holding glasses of wine. Jamal wasn't there and I felt a mixed feeling, kind of I want him to be around and as well I was relieved he wasn't here yet. Crazy, yes you can call me that cause definetly that whom I was. Just thinking about him confessing his love for me to the whole world made my lips twitch into an automatic smile. So technically I'm gonna keep my white teeth visible for everyone. Maybe I should try and control this else people will think I'm crazy and explaining this to them would be like telling them that my dad was abruptly alive. Damn! Comparing shits.

"Huddah baby, " Kevin snapped me from my thousands shitty thought making me focus. He walked to me and hugged me. My mom saw this affection. I mean affection with empty feelings.

"I missed you, " he whispered and I was the only one who heard that. You can guess why things seemed different today. I mean my mom was here and somehow they had some manners. He casually greeted mom and the rest and I knew he wasn't comfortable. Maybe he would have said something cocky like he always do. Even when I've done shits to him he still tries his best to be happier when I'm around.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom, " my mom excused herself and I just nodded cause I knew why she decided to leave.

"So I heard that you two are dating already ," Noti asked alternating her eyes between me and Kevin. Otile wasn't here yet and I was wondering why they were late for the party. It is their sisters birthday and that was weird for it to start in their absence. The way Noti acted though showed otherwise, like she didn't mind their absence.

Whatever.

I looked at Kevin who looked at me and we smiled, a crazy smile cause probably Noti thought that we were in love. I just wish that both of them new what was happening behind their back. Yeah , I was helplessly in love with Jamal Jones, my boss and it felt so sweet even though it was the worsest decision I ever made. Falling with an engaged guy who literally is my arrogant boss and shouting to me was one of his best hobby. Isn't that amazing ?

"Tell me the truth Kevin , are you two in love ?" Noti's voice snapped me and I chuckled seeing her feigning a serious face. Honestly it didn't fit her cause her lips seemed as if they were being punished to stay pinned together.