Chap 42: Family Dinner

•••°•••°•••°•••

Play this song as you read 'Selfish' by Future ft Rihanna.

Jamal's POV

"You guys should say something, " Noti said giggling and I knew she was enjoying the tension that was slowly growing among the four of us. Yeah Kevin is here too , I've always liked the idea of my dad treating him as his own son until he tried to snatch my girl away. I don't know why I hate him this much for the past few weeks. I know why but I think he is nothing compared to me and him winning her would be nothing but a total shame to me. Yes no one knows but I can't imagine him taking her away......away from me.

"Big bro, you're our leader here, " Kevin snapped me and I felt like shutting that of his damn mouth. Where is dad ? He is late already yet he is the one who requested us to have this boring dinner. I would have convinced my girl by now and maybe we would be somewhere making lo.....

Damn you Huddah, you got me whipped baby.

I shook the shitty thoughts away and glared at Kevin hating him for the millionth time. I know he doesn't know that we are fighting over someone though I'm assured that Huddah doesn't love him. I just can't simply control my jealous anyway.

"I've nothing to say, if I remember correctly it's my dad who suggested this and definetly I have nothing to tell you guys," I shouted angrily at him , I think it was more of a hatred speech.

"Jamal, we don't bring feelings here, you're the first born, act as an example , " Noti narrows her ayes at me pissed. I love how she is trying to make us talk but we are too stubborn to do it.

"As an example to who ?" I smirked imagining how all of us are messed up.

"To us, " Noti giggled. Always sarcastic about everything. Presses on nonsensical things which makes us lively. My brother was busy on his phone and I knew I was a little better than him. He can't say anything unless forced.

"Take your jokes elsewhere Noti, tell your brother to advice us, " I joked seeing him look daggers at me. Family full of enemies. We heard dad feign a cough taking the other remaining seat. All of us were quiet and I inwardly smiled on how such a famous father is not able to reunite just three children and an added cousin.

"What are my four sons discussing about ?" My dad said making Noti drop her fork and look at him angrily.

"Dad!" She snap mad at him.

"You're technically a boy Noti ,I think we agreed on that and you clearly told me that you're into girls, how else can I call you if not a boy?" My dad taunted back and I knew he was trying to get into her nerves and I loved it. Noti is different from Otile and she can never leave no matter how much dad tries to piss her. She is the best sister I ever have and I didn't care who she was. I think that should only concern two people, Noti and the girl she will decide to fall for.

"For the umpteenth time I'm a girl dad and your daughter of course, " she smirked at him. Typical sister.

"You will be my daughter the day you decide on bringing a man in trouser and introduce him to me. As for now you're my son, "he barked at her and all of us laughed. Technically she got the guts of a boy and I salute her. She knows what she want but I always think it's a phase. She will change one day and dad should stop intimidating her.

"As you say dad, I respect your decisions." See, she is never mad to an extent of leaving, stuck with us.

"I want you guys to work together and that's why I called you, Jamal and Otile. Why can't you stand the presence of each other ?" He looked at us questioningly and none of us said anything. "Jamal, when was your last time at your brother's studio ?"