Chap 8: Holyshit!

I feel something in my heart, it's like a little flame ,and every time I see you, the flame lights up.

            •••°•••°•••°•••

  Play this song as you read ' one kiss' by Calvis Harris ft Dua Lipa.

I woke up to a lonely and quiet house. I checked my phone realising I had only half an hour to prepare. Avril and mom had already left. Why didn't she  wake me up ? I regret it now that I threatened to beat her ass off if she ever wakes me with her stupid pranks. I have to withdraw my statement, else I will forever wake up late.

I hurriedly took a shower, chose my clothes and dressed for my work. I didn't take breakfast as time seemed to run really quick.

I took my small bag and walked out of my room.

I heard a knock before I could get to the door. I was wondering who may be at the door this early. I checked myself one more time making sure I was not looking bad.

I timidly opened the door afraid to face whoever standing there.
My eyebrows raised and I looked at him with a shocked expression.

"Holyshit!" I exclaimed. "You scared me boy."

"Will I get a hug, for such a sweet surprise ?" He said coming closer. I wanted to feel my stomach twist or any butterflies but I had none. Dammit! Why I'm I feeling nothing for this man in front of me.

"Yeah, " I closed the gap and hugged him. It felt safe to hug him but I wanted to feel more than just safe.

"I wanted to be your driver, you know." He said as I locked my door and followed him to the gate.

"I'm glad but don't make it a habit." I warned jokingly.

"As if I would, " he said bragging.

"Ouch! That hurt, " I feigned.

"Kidding girl, I would love to make it a habit of course for a beautiful lady like you, " he said making me laugh at his words.

"Really ?" Dammit Kevin.

"Yeah you damn have pretty eyes. I'm I allowed to touch them ? " he is much cocky than I thought.

"Noo. " I dragged the word looking at his hurt face.

"At the end of the day I will win this game, " he said slowly as if he was saying the words to himself. I had to pretend that his words had no deeper meaning. I hope we are together here guys I don't think he mean anything more than his plain words.

We went silent for few minutes before he puts a song and slowly sang it while driving.

We arrived at work some minutes late. He parked the car as I stormed out hurriedly.

"Thank you for the ride, I actually enjoyed, " I said as he locked the door.

We parted ways and I turned to head to my direction but was shocked to meet angry eyes glaring at my direction.

I gasped and rolled my eyes as I ignored his hatred stare and went on walking but was stopped before I made any step further.

"Miss Monroe , you are late, " he yelled at me. I turned back and just looked at him. I've warned myself severally against causing a scene wherever we were at a risky place where people would witness our yelling. I calmed myself and acted guilty.