Chapt > Twenty - Three

> K E E G A N

"Grab your bag Demi"I told her as we was getting ready to go by Ms

"Grab your bag Demi"I told her as we was getting ready to go by Ms. Dorothy. Dave was still sleep on the couch. Demi wanted to stay with Dave but I don't think I want her here with him. He still sleep and won't wake up till 2 in the evening. I know how Dave is. I hope he thought about what I said cause I wasn't playing last night.

"Mommy"demi cried grabbing her bag.

"I don't want to hear it Demi. You ain't staying home"I said grabbing her hand then pulled her out the house. I slam the door loudly and lock the door.

"Mommy, why you mad?"Demi ask while sniffing.

"I'm not....."I sigh. "I'm not mad okay. Just upset"I open the car door for demi. She hop in the back seat then put her seat belt on. I close the door to her side and walk to the driver side.

I hop in the car and tried on starting it off but it didn't work. Please don't die on me now. I did it again and again but it didn't start. That's it. My car is total. Now I have to either catch the bus or use someone for a ride to work.

"Fuck!"I yelled in the car. I started crying leaning my head on the stirring wheel. I sniffle, cough, snot coming out my nose. I'm a wreck.

I stayed in the car for a few minutes with Demi till I heard a knock on the window. I look over at the window and seen Dave. "Daddy!"Demi yelled all excited.

"Get out the car Kee"Dave said.

"What you want?"I ask.

"Stop being so fucking stubborn and get out the damn car. It's hot out here and you kill my baby"he said. I sigh and open the door. I still didn't get out the car. "What's wrong with it?"he ask.

"It's broke. Either battery is dead or the transmission"I said.

"So it's done with"Dave said.

"Yes, it's done with"I said. "I have to get work Dave and Demi needs to go to Ms. Dorothy"I step out the car.

"Demi can stay with me and I can drop you off at work"Dave said.

"Dave I don't need....."

"Keegan stop it. You are riding with me to work, conversation over"he said then walk to Demi side helping her out the car and carried her to the Bentley he had.

"Ohh, daddy I love this car"Demi said.

"Yeah"Dave said.

"Better then mommy's car"

"And I gave you rides to the ice cream shop and toy store in that car"I said sticking my tongue out at her. And she did it back.

"Okay, where is this job of yours?"Dave ask.

"Here"I gave him the phone showing the location. He nod his head and set it up to his GPS.

We rode around in Dave rented Bentley listening to my favorite song by Childish Gambino 'feel like summer' . Every hatin ass female was rolling their eyes at me. I do miss this tho. Me and him. We could be like Beyonce and Jay Z. Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott. Will Smith and Jada Pickett Smith.

We pull up to my job seeing some fast ass cars pulling up as well. The girls who was the new strippers was waiting outside the door smiling and laughing. I can hear their conversation.

"Oh my god, Marcus is so handsome and mmmmmm, a god in bed"this girl with blond hair said.

"Oh shit"Dave said listening closely.

"Details"this red head said.

"Saturday night, he took me to studio 54 and we had a good time"she said.

"Ain't Saturday night he was....."

"Dave shut up!!"I yelled. "Take me away from here"

"On it"