Chapt > Forty- One

> K E E G A N

"Is everything set and ready?"I ask Marilyn as she was doing my hair

"Is everything set and ready?"I ask Marilyn as she was doing my hair. I did my own make-up.

"Yes, now remember. The restaurant is at the beach house, close to the beach"Marilyn said.

"Good and where is Demi?"I ask.

"I drop her off at Ms. Dorothy with Abbi. I'ma go back over there"Marilyn said.

"You should of seen the look on her face Mari. He came to the zoo"I said.

"He did?"Marilyn stop doing my hair and looked at me through the mirror.

"Yeah, Dave chase him out the zoo"I said.

"He still not at the crazy house. Maybe putting him in jail will be great"Marilyn said.

"I thought you wanted to help him?"I ask.

"Keegan, we tried everything. Nothing holding him back"Marilyn said. "What you did to him?"she laugh.

"Nothing!"I semi yelled shrugging my shoulder. "We went on 1 date, was supposed to go on another date but he cheated so early and then told me to kick Dave out. Worst mistake of my life"I shook my head.

"Why you even listen to Marcus? I tells all his little girl friends that he's crazy, watch out. They didn't listen and ask for help"

"Why you helping me?"I ask.

"You have a baby girl to take care of. I'm protecting her more then you Keegan. She's so scared of Marcus that she ask Abbi do he ever hurted me"Marilyn said.

I didn't know Demi asked Abbi that? "When was this?"I ask looking at her.

"The day when we was at the pool and the day when y'all stayed over and Marcus came to my condo"Marilyn said.

"Well now, she have her father's protection"I said.

"Okay it's 7:30, you should get going now before Dave thinks you ditched him"Marilyn chuckled.

"Might as well if he play his cards right"I said grabbing my clutch bag and phone.

"And you"Marilyn said.

"And me what?"

"Play nice with him"she said.

"Fine, I'ma play nice"I said. I walk to the Uber driver car and hop in. I know I know, this isn't a very classy way to arrive on a date to a fancy restaurant but I don't have a car. I need one.

"Have fun!!!"Marilyn waved goodbye as the Uber driver took off.

"Where to?"the Uber driver ask.

I look in my phone for the address Marilyn sent me. "Umm, this place"I showed him the address.

"Okay"he nod his head and drove to the restaurant. Miami was beautiful at night.