Chapt > Fifty- Two

> K E E G A N

I stared at my sister who was smiling at me

I stared at my sister who was smiling at me. I didn't know what to say, what to do. Should I hug her? What should I do?

"You not gone say anything"Kaitlyn said.

"Hey Kaitlyn"I said but it wasn't with a smile. "What you doing here? Why you are here?"

"So your not happy seeing me"she nod her head. "Dave can you give us some time to talk"

"Yeah sure"Dave walked out the dinning room leaving me with my sister.

"Momma told me that you was in trouble with some gang"I said. "Is that why your in Miami, to get away from them"

"Actually no, I'm in Miami doing business and Dave called me to come see you"she said.

"Kaitlyn why are you doing this? Why are you selling drugs and being in a gang?"I ask.

"Maybe because my new boyfriend is the leader of the gang and I have to follow him wherever he goes"she said. "I love it cause I don't have to work"

"But what if he gets put in jail? What are you going to do?"

"Take care my kid"she said. I was shock when she said kid. I didn't know I was aunt.

"A kid? You didn't tell me you was having a baby"I said.

"I didn't want to tell you nor momma since she didn't like him"Kaitlyn said. "I fucked up Kee, I really did. But I have to do what's best for me and my baby. And that's living with him who has the money"

"What if he try and kill you again?"I ask.

Kaitlyn chuckled. "He can't"--"I'm the mother of his kid"

"Your so stupid"I said.

"Listen, I'm a big girl and I can do whatever I want"

"I understand that. But your living a dangerous life Kaitlyn"I said.

"Mom still trying to protect you?"

"Hell no, she's making my life miserable. Trying to take my baby from me"Kaitlyn wiped her eyes. "I don't want to let her go"

"It's a girl. What's her name?"I ask.

"Kadin"she said. "Her name is kadin"Kaitlyn sniffle. "She doesn't know anything about her aunt"

"Why you didn't bring her?"I ask her.

"Cause mom have her. I can't even see her sometimes"Kaitlyn sniffle. "God I miss her"

"Your asking me for help"I said.

"Please help me"she said.

"By doing what? Mom ain't gone give me her"I said.

"She will. Cause she loves you more"

"Kaitlyn, mom loves you as well. Why you think she's doing this"

"She's doing this cause she hates me!"Kaitlyn said.

"No she doesn't"I said. "You just have to talk to her"

I walk out the dinning room going back to the backyard thinking about what Kaitlyn said. She had a baby this whole time and didn't tell me. Why even help her? I'm doing this to see my niece.